So what's the verdict on Timo

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Sam H.
Associate

So what's the verdict on Timo

Post by Sam H. »

Is he banned or suspended or what?
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

I saw him on Axis as a normal member.
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

The situation is under review. It is nothing personal and I am weighing information from two sides regarding his situation. With the site being down it was a little hard to tend to the matter until now.
Jerry
Associate

Post by Jerry »

I’ve come late to this controversy but feel I must put in my two cents worth. I’ve been around this forum and its predecessors since 1996 or so and I’ve seen 1000’s of posts by Timo and conversed with him myself. He has provided much useful information to many many others… that is a fact! I saw the exchanges between he and Mr. Moore on AHF and drew two conclusions from them: #1-That Timo sent many emails with attachments to someone that on the face of it seemed incriminating, but he denies that they were what Moore says they were and I don’t know of any reason to not believe him. #2- Whoever gained the information about those email attachments apparently committed unethical if not unlawful computer hacking offenses that render any “evidence” thus acquired, moot!

BUT, the ins and outs, truth and lies, facts and fantasy of any of the above really should make no difference here on the Feldgrau forum. Whatever deception/theft that may have taken place didn’t happen here. So, the notion that a valued contributor could be abruptly suspended for alleged offenses that are completely outside the purview of this “public” forum is outrageous!

Jerry
When you're in command..... command!
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

There are two sides to every story, and although I respect Timo a great deal, I also respect the wishes of Mr Moore. I will come to a just a fair ruling ASAP.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

By not making a decision (after placing Timo's account "under review") I believe you have, in effect, made a decision.

While it is true that the absence of any single individual's contribution will not greatly affect Feldgrau, it is, IMHO, a devastatingly poor reward for the years that Timo has devoted to Feldgrau.

~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
HSSPF
Supporter

Post by HSSPF »

The fact that Timo's site has been hacked and his criminal behaviour comes to light (disseminating copyrighted material without authorization) does NOT absolve his guilt in any way. And his lame excuses for not paying others as promised because he has helped in the past does not hold water.

Timo's supporters here are muddying the water by
1. Trying to imply that Mark Yerger and John Moore also engage in murky activities (without substantiation) - thus claiming moral (or immoral) equivalence.
2. Citing the help that Timo has provided in the past to justify/excuse his current criminal activities.
3. Conveniently omitting the fact that his accomplices in the rip off, Panzerass and Floran, have admitted their guilt, whilst insisting that Timo's case of defrauding Moore is still to be proven.

I leave it up to you to pass your own judgement on Timo.
Abteilung
Supporter

Post by Abteilung »

HSSPF wrote:The fact that Timo's site has been hacked and his criminal behaviour comes to light (disseminating copyrighted material without authorization) does NOT absolve his guilt in any way. And his lame excuses for not paying others as promised because he has helped in the past does not hold water.
The fact that Timo's site has been hacked did NOT prove his guilt in any way. Thus NO criminal behaviour came to light and your lame attacks on him only hold water because you dislike him regardless of the truth. Just repeating ALLEGED offences again and again does not make the allegations true.

You're here muddying the water by
1. taking ALLEGATIONS for granted - thus claiming moral superiority when in facto you know nothing about the case
2. Citing the help that Timo has provided to others in the past suddenly have become criminal activities
3. Conveniently omitting the fact that evidence provided by Timo on the Axis forum showed that the screenshots provided by Moore did facto prove exactly the opposite - namely that Timo send Panzerass aka Florian only a very small quantity of copyrighted material and that the other documents which allegedly came from mister Moore's work did facto originate from microfilms in Timo's possession.

Had you taken the time to actually study the various threads about this quarrel, you would have noticed that "Panzerass and Floran" are not two different accomplices who "both" have admitted their guilt. It is facto one person who only admitted to receiving information from Timo. He did not say anything about the quantity of copyrighted material he received from Timo, only that he would remove from his computer whatever material he recieved.

Besides all that, it is not for you or me to decide weather or not his reasons for not paying another (not "others", so it seems) are lame excuses or hold water. We better leave out your remark that he should have paid "as promised" as the fruits of your biased mind. Nobody but Timo and this other party know what deal was made.

I too leave it up to Jason Pipes to pass his own judgement on Timo, but I should not take the opinion of banned member "heinz kling" for granted. Especially since he returned to this forum under the poor disguise of "HSSPF" for the sole reason of incriminating Timo by parroting everything that suits his personal vendetta against him. His antipathic behaviour towards Timo was clearly triggered by Timo's openly shared dislike of extreme views which are on level with the ideas of neo-nazi believes, and his openly shared opinion about Patrick Agte, an author "Heinz" seemed to have embraced as the keeper of the SS ideals that are so sacred to him.

Timo admitted to sharing small samples of Moores work with others. I think we can shut down this forum and all go to jail if we consider sharing small amounts of copyrighted data with others a criminal offence that has to be prosecuted.

/Abteilung
Tolga Alkan
Supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan »

I really don't understand why the previous thread is closed.I asked some important questions.
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.
Tolga Alkan
Supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan »

Jerry wrote:I’ve come late to this controversy but feel I must put in my two cents worth. I’ve been around this forum and its predecessors since 1996 or so and I’ve seen 1000’s of posts by Timo and conversed with him myself. He has provided much useful information to many many others… that is a fact! I saw the exchanges between he and Mr. Moore on AHF and drew two conclusions from them: #1-That Timo sent many emails with attachments to someone that on the face of it seemed incriminating, but he denies that they were what Moore says they were and I don’t know of any reason to not believe him. #2- Whoever gained the information about those email attachments apparently committed unethical if not unlawful computer hacking offenses that render any “evidence” thus acquired, moot!
As far as I know,Timo was offered to be moderator in feldgrau by Jason.
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.
HSSPF
Supporter

Post by HSSPF »

Abteilung is Timo in disguise. And a petty thief is still a thief.
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

Quote:

"I also respect the wishes of Mr Moore."

Does he still have 2 wishes left if you grant him this one?

Is it only the select few who have this power or can anyone apply for a similar favour?
Whilst I may waste 2 of mine I would ensure my third gave us world peace and thus I am much more deserving than Mr Moore.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Well, I don't begrudge John Moore three wishes, but I'd like to have three myself and you'd better believe that while I might wish for a piece, it certainly won't be for world peace........ :wink:

So Jason, can the Commissar have a few wishes?

Cheers,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Everyone has wishes here. My not making a ruling yet is only a sign of the fact that in the past 3-6 weeks I have lost all my data on my local computer AND my website url disappeared for almost 10-20 days. These have been very big issues and I will get to the issue of Timo ASAP now that these other issues have been resolved.
Abteilung
Supporter

Post by Abteilung »

HSSPF wrote:Abteilung is Timo in disguise. And a petty thief is still a thief.
Heinz seems to think that everybody is like him. If he had taken the time to check my profile he would have noticed that I joined this forum before the problems for Timo started, even before the dates in that screenshot made by mister Moore.

I suppose Heinz is a bit confused because I took the time to carefully read the discussions on AHF and Feldgrau. A simple forum search revealed the facts about his quarrel with Timo and the reasons for his antipathic behaviour towards him:

http://forum.axishistory.com/search.php?mode=results

http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/search.php?mode=results

/Abteilung