VIRUS/WORM WARNING!!!!!!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

joscha
WWII Vet

VIRUS/WORM WARNING!!!!!!

Post by joscha »

My daughter, the computer genius working at a CPU/Tax consultant firm, has warned me of a new virus type worm,

Friendgreet

which takes over your address book when you have downloaded the software you need to read the e-mail greeting card it supposedly helps you get.

From there, it will get into your hard drive and kills it. Seems that a week or so ago, I read a post by Xavier who complained that a virus/worm had killed his hard drive. This "Friendgreet" might be the same or a similar one. BE FOREWARNED!

I, for one, immediately downloaded the most recent virus killer . The best. Joscha
xavier
Contributor

hello Joscha!!!

Post by xavier »

Hello Joscha!!

do you remember which size is usually the email? (more or less, it varies..)
mine had a correct item number form a past ebay auction, so it was a direct, well rehearsed attack....

please comment

Xavier
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
joscha
WWII Vet

Virus/worm ......ARE YOU INFECTED?????

Post by joscha »

While I opened your e-mail, my computer flashed a RED WARNING, saying that I was importing a virus from you! Incredible! I immediately ran a scan and wiped out the little bastard. You might be infected, Xavier!

My daughter did not say, so...sorry I cannot answer your question. However, since she works for these people, she is totally up to date; she once told me that she is alerted inside of ONE HOUR after the anti-virus people get an indication of a new virus, worm, troyan. As soon she alerts me, which is immediately, I alert the people on the forum.

I still think a category should be opened which shows (without fishing around) whether a new threat is being launched by these chuchas mierdas.

My very best and I hope your computer is clean.and you do not suffer another hard disk disaster. Joscha
xavier
Contributor

well..

Post by xavier »

I haven't sent any mail to you, and got a new hard drive, so everything on it was deleted.....maybe the worm is replicating on someone elses address book, since I do not use microsoft outlook.

(hey where did you learn "chucha mierda!"....?)

regards

Xavier

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
ReconPAL

HELLO JOSCHA!

Post by ReconPAL »

It is a pleasure to read your quote from Cicero, Zavier! Where but on this forum could one encounter anyone who even would bother to privilege us with these quotes! I hope the virus was dodged. ReconPAL
To those who served
xavier
Contributor

hello

Post by xavier »

Thanks RP, is your comment is most welcomed!!

Personally I think we can always better ourselves, someway or another, and in the way, make the people around us better too!!!
(that is why I choosed this quote...)
best regards

Xavier

Cicero