Feldgrau Convention

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

at the moment i can get to Frankfurt return for $1898 AUD (1414.49 USD)

i would try my hardest to go but telling my parents wow lol

Me: he mum and dad im going to go to Europe and go to a convention with Experts of Nazi Germany

Mum: :shock:

Dad: wish i could go with ya

Me: oh and were gonna get drunk every night

lol

Matthew von Nicholai
"Gott Mit Uns"
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

WG in ALL seriousness - cos me dad had the same humour as me - the first time I ever announced at 17 I was going away for the weekend, my dad asked very suspiciously what I was doing. I told him I was going to lead my panzer division into Poland. He just said to make sure i got all the airmiles!!!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

you should have seen my dad's response when i showed off my knowledge to a bunch of re-enactors at an airshow.... pity they didn't let me in, just because i'm not 16. suck.

anyhoo,
Dragunov
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Wüstenfuchs

Post by Wüstenfuchs »

Just a question to the Germans: Do we have Re-enactments in Germany too?

Eine Frage an die Deutschen hier: Haben wir in Deutschland auch Re-enactments?
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

"Gott Mit Uns"
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Nepal? Silence? We ARE talking about the same place? Where there are more backpackers than natives at any given time in Katmandhu? Where the minute the guns fall silent INSIDE the Royal Palace you can hear them start up all over the country in the hands of the Maoist guerillas? That Nepal?
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Er....why not all come to that new great tourist mecca (pardon the useage there), with LOTS of WWII history, and if that gets boring over a Weekend....modern conflict history? BELFAST. The only city in the UK that still has at least ONE open space left over from the Blitz.
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

phylo_roadking wrote:BELFAST. The only city in the UK that still has at least ONE open space left over from the Blitz.
Unfortunately, Belfast cannot lay claim to that accolade alone. Hull still has quite a few big gaps (even in the city center) where the Luftwaffe dropped some presents in WWII.
Up The Tigers!
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Ok,

As the original suggestor, here are my thoughts:

If we are going to do this, we need to start planning now. I think Berlin should be the site and we should target, say, the 1st or 2nd weekend in August. We will need some logistical help from one of our Kameraden in Germany to possibly reserve a restaurant room (or more appropriately, a beergarten). I think a great itinerary could look something like this:

Friday evening informal mmet and greet over dinner and/or drinks
Saturday morning a tour of 1) the Luftschutzbunker museum and a short walking tour from the Reichstag to the former Chancellry grounds and lunch or 2) an organized bus to take us to maybe the old barracks areas of Zossen and Wunsdorf with a stop at the Halbe cemetery. A third option might be a short trip to the commie-inspired Seelow museum.

This will take some support up front and a volunteer to make it happen. We should also coordinate an RSVP list.

Any thoughts?