FORUM DISCIPLINE WHEN POSTING AND REPLYING

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Speaking as an object of some personal attacks here, when some clown by the name of Wendel and several of his equally paranoid little friends insinuated strongly that I had sabotaged their Axis History Website - after being banned there for making statements about copyright that upset certain people who obtain photographs from veterans and make money from them - I was able to deal with it quite easily without any help from moderators. I rather think that had some of the censorious people proposing themselves as moderators here, supported by their small but loud fan club, been near any administration buttons, I would have been deleted and then perhaps even suspended or banned. But Jason let me have my say and the whole thing was resolved. A couple of nincompoops said they didn't come here to read such exchanges but I think I pointed out to them that there were hundreds of other threads they could focus on instead. Nasty personal attacks are all part and parcel of forums, gentlemen, so learn to take them in your stride. Idiots soon expose themselves as such, ultimately excluding themselves through repeat behavorial patterns without any help from power-hungry "moderators". We really don't need AHF-style intellectual oppression here.

Knieptang, why would you put "your" in parentheses? You don't believe that I run a forum? Feel free to drop by and take a look: http://www.militariacollecting.com. I am sure nobody here - who matters at any rate - minds if I post the url because MCF is a very different place to Feldgrau.

PK
Retaliator

Post by Retaliator »

Paddy Keating wrote:But Jason let me have my say and the whole thing was resolved.
Because you pay him?
Paddy Keating wrote:Nasty personal attacks are all part and parcel of forums, gentlemen, so learn to take them in your stride.
Paddy Keating wrote:some clown by the name of Wendel and several of his equally paranoid little friends
We are not all like you.
Idiots soon expose themselves as such, ultimately excluding themselves through repeat behavorial patterns
Did you ever ask yourself "hey, maybe I'm that idiot?".
Feel free to drop by and take a look: http://www.militariacollecting.com. I am sure nobody here - who matters at any rate - minds if I post the url because MCF is a very different place to Feldgrau.
Haven't you spammed feldgrau enough? Is your own forum so lame that you need to draw attention to it all the time?

You go on in your posts as if you were out on a big quest for the survival of humanity. Just drop it, nobody cares what you have to say. I think you may be suffering from megalomania.
Karl K

Post by Karl K »

I have been here before.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Hi Folks, personally, I think that the concerns about Feldgrau somehow morphing into AHF are overstated. I've been a moderator at both sites and I can tell you that Jason has always run his site his way, while Marcus has run his site differently.

Feldgrau turning into AHF is about as likely as George Bush turning into the Queen of England. :D :wink:

As long as I can write the occasional "Forum Hero" tale without censorship, I'm happy.

Best,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
knieptang
Enthusiast

Post by knieptang »

Thank You for the Link, Paddy.

I have never heard of this Forum before, will take a Look...

Michael
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

A pleasure, Knieptang.

No, "Retaliator", I do not pay Jason Pipes anything. Try engaging your brain before you type.

Dave, one can never be too careful...

PK
Retaliator

Post by Retaliator »

Paddy Keating wrote:A pleasure, Knieptang.

No, "Retaliator", I do not pay Jason Pipes anything.
Is that why it says "contributor" under your name? I mean, the way you been spamming the hell out of this site makes one wonder.
Casarez
Donor

Post by Casarez »

Retaliator wrote:Is that why it says "contributor" under your name? I mean, the way you been spamming the hell out of this site makes one wonder.
It is actually a rank you achieve by just posting. There is a thread somewhere that goes over the various ranks. The rank that means you gave money is "Donor".
Commissar D, the Evil

Dave, one can never be too careful...
:D :D :D

Paddy, as ticked off as I might get at some contributors, I really enjoy the freedom of Feldgrau and I would hate to see it change. IMHO, what we need are moderators without an ideological axe to grind who only step in to gently put a stop to unecessary flame wars in the serious research sections. (All of which, naturally, eliminates me as a contender! :D :D)

Best,
David
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I hear you, Dave! With me, it's not ideological. I'm just mixed up! LOL! Maybe I came on a bit strong about this moderation thing but I really do feel that over-zealous moderating or policing tends to provoke more trouble than it causes.

95% of forum members across the board are perfectly reasonable people but many of them tend to react negatively to being bossed about or censored in the name of maintaining order. The only website that gets away with a zero tolerance policy without rubbing members up the wrong way is the Gentlemen's Mililtary Interest Club and that is because they are absolutely scrupulous in applying the policy in an even-handed way.

"Retaliator", without any rancour, I think that if an objective panel of observers were to compare our respective contributions to this website, you would lose the contest in terms of quality and intellectual motivation. You may well be a worthwhile contributor elsewhere but you only come here to troll Feldgrau. In one of your posts, you are even rude to and about Jason Pipes. In short, you are a near-total waste of space here and the fact that you are hiding behind a sophomoric user name inspired, doubtless, by the kind of videos you rent, fails to conceal your essential weakness of character.

PK
Retaliator

Post by Retaliator »

What the hell, why do I even bother. People will learn sooner or later.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Retaliator, personally I view some of what you've posted in a similar manner to that which I view the Jehovah's Witnesses that come around the neighborhood.

I completely support your right to your opinion. I completely support your right to voice your opinion.

However, I do not support your right to shove it in my face. You put the information out, and people responded. While reiterating it within that thread might be acceptable, regurgitating the same material in different threads where it's only passingly similar is irritating.

You've put out what you think. Let people respond to it as or if they will. If they don't want to respond, all you're doing is spreading rancor by continually throwing it up at them.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
knieptang
Enthusiast

Post by knieptang »

Sorry, but to me, Retaliator and Paddy are doing no good to our nice and more than informative Forum.

To me, there is another "Privat-War" going on in a third Forum, senseless!

Add something of Interest, instead of all your ****@#%! 8)

Michael
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

Why do we have to squabble? Can't you two sort something out? (Retaliator & Paddy)
Commissar D, the Evil

Why do we have to squabble? Can't you two sort something out? (Retaliator & Paddy)
Okay, I've been sitting on my hands about this because it is not my quarrel. But, according to my brief look at things, Retaliator has made 47 posts, only one of which--a question--had any relevance to the forum. The rest were attacks on either Paddy or Jason, or continuations of a pre-existing attack.

While I think that 17th S.S. Panzer Grenadier's attempt to settle this fight is commendable, there is no doubt in my mind who instigated it, who is continuing it and who is damaging the forum.

Retaliator, you should take your personal vendetta elsewhere, for the good of Feldgrau.

Sincerely,
~D, the EviL