Regarding the Waffen SS.

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Torquez

Post by Torquez »

You didn't answer my questions:
The Baltic Waffen SS Divisions were not auxilaries. They fought on German side another reason because, "my enemy's enemy is my friend", and Stalin was their enemy.
Was Stalin hiding in Warsaw Ghetto ?
http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Poland/Wa ... tto02.html
On July 22, 1942 the Warsaw Ghetto was surrounded by Ukrainian and Latvian soldiers in Nazi SS uniforms, as the liquidation of the Ghetto began in response to an order given by Heinrich Himmler that "the resettlement of the entire Jewish population of the General Government be carried out and completed by December 31." The General Government was the central portion of the former country of Poland that was occupied by the Germans between 1939 and 1944.
Wrong. Stalin said about the Ukraine that the more Ukranians that died in the war, the less he would have to kill.
Please show exact quote and source of it.
Many Ukrainians served in Red Army, Soviet partisans and some even were generals.
What about all those minor wthnic minorities, nearly whole nations and tribes, which were shipped off to Siberia?
None of which is comparable to Nazi extermination.

And part of the German army / Waffen SS, the volunteers from the East, also fought, in their minds, for liberating / protecting their minorities and peoples against Bolshevism.
And it seems that to them it meant mass murdering Jews.
TimoWr
Enthusiast

Post by TimoWr »

For all to understand HvM: nationalist China good -> communist China bad -> communists bad -> Soviet Union bad -> nazis fight communists -> nazis good :roll:
Torquez

Post by Torquez »

Except of course Nationalists in China based many concepts on Lenin doctrine and ware supported by Soviet Union for a long time. :wink:
But that may ruin our little Waffen SS fanboy's worldview.
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

Was Stalin hiding in Warsaw Ghetto ?
http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Poland/Wa ... tto02.html

Quote:
On July 22, 1942 the Warsaw Ghetto was surrounded by Ukrainian and Latvian soldiers in Nazi SS uniforms, as the liquidation of the Ghetto began in response to an order given by Heinrich Himmler that "the resettlement of the entire Jewish population of the General Government be carried out and completed by December 31." The General Government was the central portion of the former country of Poland that was occupied by the Germans between 1939 and 1944.
hi, those were still auxilaries, at that time there wasn't a Latvian or Ukranian SS Division. Also that site probably dosen't know a lot about insignia, etc so.... who knows?
Please show exact quote and source of it.
Many Ukrainians served in Red Army, Soviet partisans and some even were generals.
I saw it in some documentary, but I forgot.
None of which is comparable to Nazi extermination.
oh? So, what about Stalin's millions of dead throught his bloddy reign? Alltogether, in 80 years until it's fall communism around the world murdered 1 billion people. They were no better than Himmler, Heydrich, etc as you imagine.
And it seems that to them it meant mass murdering Jews.
how? Not all Eastern units were criminals. Vlassov, for example? He had 9 Russian Jewish officers in his Wehrmacht army of liberation, does that make him a murderer? Vlassov even said that he found anti semitism repugnant. What do you say about that? And why do you say the Battle to halt communism in the East was all about exterminations? Show me proof that anti semitism was part of their reason to fight, other than some not well known source. And what about the Caucausus, 1942? The German administration didn't touch the Jews, since they were respected in that community. And the Caucasus people like most of the minorities, greeted the Germans as liberators and supplied volunteers into the Wehrmacht. Any more sources to disprove that then?
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

Soviet Union bad -> nazis fight communists -> nazis good whatever
That was, as I said before in a diffrent way, why so many volunteers fight in the Waffen SS and Wehrmacht. It is the "my enemy is my friend" theory, a good example of this, in a negative why, was Churchill allying himself with the Soviets.
Torquez

Post by Torquez »

hi, those were still auxilaries, at that time there wasn't a Latvian or Ukranian SS Division
Oh but you said they joined out of hatred of Stalin. Was there Stalin in Ghetto ?

I saw it in some documentary, but I forgot.
I could as well say that I saw in some documentary that Atlantis existed, but I forget. You haven't presented any evidence at all, and your statements can't be seen as anything other then your personal fantasy.
So, what about Stalin's millions of dead throught his bloddy reign? Alltogether, in 80 years until it's fall communism around the world murdered 1 billion people
Ok. Goodbye. If you believe communists murdered 1 billion people...
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Torquez wrote:Ok. Goodbye...
And on that note, this discussion is finished. Too many assertions unsupported by facts, and people getting angry about not being able to convince the others of the "error of their ways."

I would also recommend that this argument not re-start somewhere else.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!