Screen captures

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

M.H. wrote:So...now what...I'm pressing the "Druck" button...and press...and press again...hmmmm :?:
Michel, if I understand Prit correctly, when you press the 'Druck' button, the image will go to your clipboard. See if you can access that?

By the way, I thought "Druck" meant to shirk...
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Erm...the Clipboard ja?

*searches desperatedly around for said clipboard*

How does it look? :shock:

PS: I think you mean "drücken", right? That could mean "pressing" or "shirking"....whereas "drucken" is "printing"....german language rocks! :D
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

M.H. wrote:How does it look? :shock:
Er... I can't find mine! I know that when you are using different programs, when you copy/paste, you're using the clipboard. When you copy something, that's where it's held until you paste it. Obviously, in the context of a screen capture, I'm missing part of the thought process.
PS: I think you mean "drücken", right? That could mean "pressing" or "shirking"....whereas "drucken" is "printing"....german language rocks! :D
Ah, the magic umlaut! The intricacies of language never cease to amaze me!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
DXTR
Contributor

Post by DXTR »

Just to clarify.

The clipboard in windows when using the "printscreen" is just a virtual memory with one shot. after print screening once, you need to paste the image onto either a word document, in photoshop or paint.

The "clipboard" does not exist for you to access it. In later versions of word the programme allows older cuts to be saved, but that does not work with just windows.

So use a imaging programme everytime you use the printscreen, even the basic windows XP imaging programme like paint works ok.

Hope that helps
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

HEYA!...It works!!!

I press "Druck/Print"

Open a new doc in PS and "Paste"

Voila! THANK YOU! :D :beer:
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Hmm...just tried that and saved the image to the Office Picture Manager and the whole screen was saved as BMP-file. But in that image the film just goes on!!
Sort of great but not really what I was looking for. :D :D
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Try to save the BMP as another JPG or so?
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Turns out that as long as the film is still running in mediaplayer it also runs on in the bmp. Stopping the mediaplayer also stops the bmp. That can easily be saved as a jpg or any other.
Was very amazed to see the film just go on in what I had expected to be a still frame though 8)