Censorship?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

D.W.
Enthusiast

Post by D.W. »

When i think of strip clubs and Ft. Hood my thoughts invariably turn to that club called Budgies, populated by, well.....let's say heavyset females who would have been better off remaining fully clothed.

I digress.
MCO

A Retort

Post by MCO »

D.W. wrote:I now fully understand the parameters established for Soldatenheim and wish to volunteer my services as a forum moderator if needed.
D.W.:

Your "services" are best performed down at your local bus station and not in Soldatenheim.

[Unfortunately] the forum has lost its zest following the change of format. Your ascendance to Forumfuehrer, although it might temporary satiate your thirst for power over others, would kill the room off completely.

What, by the way, do you do for fun, D.W?
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

grrrrr..... Image

btw, MCO, if you feel this forum is for the worse since the change, why don't you do something to change that by contributing a topic worthy of hearty discussion?

This new forum has only been online for a little over 6 weeks and we already have over 700 users and with nearly 5000 postings, I'd say that we're doing pretty good.
D.W.
Enthusiast

Post by D.W. »

What, by the way, do you do for fun, D.W?

I lurk in the Soldatenheim for hours on end, waiting for a meaningful discussion to arise.

ForumFuhrer? Well, that's it! Now I have a catchy nickname to go with my new status as moderator!

Jason, I am at your service. Just let me know what benefits come with the job and when I start! :D :D
MCO

My Comments

Post by MCO »

Jason Pipes wrote:grrrrr..... Image

btw, MCO, if you feel this forum is for the worse since the change, why don't you do something to change that by contributing a topic worthy of hearty discussion?

This new forum has only been online for a little over 6 weeks and we already have over 700 users and with nearly 5000 postings, I'd say that we're doing pretty good.
Addendum: my comments regarding the lack of zest in the present forum was not intended as a negative commentary on your tremendous efforts in fielding the new forum. The new forum is an extremely professional piece of work, and all your hard work to field it is appreciated. Something, however, was lost in the transition. I think it may have to do with the way postings are "positioned" within a thread. Under the old forum, you could respond directly to a specific posting. Under the new forum, however, your posting falls in a sequential (chronological) line following directly behind the last, posting. In this way, discussions (arguments) lose some measure of their immediacy. The quoting function helps, but it just doesn't quite maintain or restore that sense of immediacy.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I understand... there are trade-offs. :(
gorbag
Supporter

Post by gorbag »

And the pistolero emoticon is possibly the best one I've ever seen. Too bad it wasn't animated, you could be spraying overly-sexed brain tissue all around the Soldatenheim floorboards.
In the battle between good and evil, evil usually has more fun.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

You like my secret emoticons?? hehehehe...