PANZERGRENADIERE LIED!

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
panzergrenadier wolf

PANZERGRENADIERE LIED!

Post by panzergrenadier wolf »

i want to know if the famous panzergrenadiere lied " HEISS WAR DER TAG UND DUNKEL DIE NACHT ..." is still in use by panzergrenadier regiment of the german bundeswehr, just like the FALLSCHIRMJAEGER LIED " ROTCHEINTE DIE SONNE..." :?:
derGespenst
Associate

Post by derGespenst »

Don't know about the Panzergrenadiere Lied, but I can tell you from first-hand experience that the Panzerlied is still sung by the men of the Panzer Lehr battalion - at least in Schleswig-Holstein.
Sepp
Supporter

Post by Sepp »

Not in 1978, not in Panzerbrigade 28.

Sepp
panzergrenadier wolf

Sepp wrote:Not in 1978, not in Panzerbrigade 28.

Sepp
so you were in the bundeswehr in that time, what was the uniform color olive green, or grey?
Sepp
Supporter

Post by Sepp »

Depends. Olive green when new, fading to grey with each washing. Official color designation: steingrau-oliv (stone grey-olive).

Sepp

BTW we were the only PZGREN wearing a black beret with Panzer badge and green Litzen because our unit was established as Panzer-Regiment.
panzergrenadier wolf

Sepp wrote:Depends. Olive green when new, fading to grey with each washing. Official color designation: steingrau-oliv (stone grey-olive).

Sepp

BTW we were the only PZGREN wearing a black beret with Panzer badge and green Litzen because our unit was established as Panzer-Regiment.
another question please, why the visor hat called "shirmmuetze" had been replaced with berets even in the DIENSTANZUG of land forces?
I WANT TO TELL YOU IN A WORD: ES LEBE DEUTSCHES HEER!
Sepp
Supporter

Post by Sepp »

Though we've been issued a Schirmmütze, we wore our berets on all occasions - except in winter on normal duty, when we wore the winter cap. I believe it was the same with all Heer units that had berets: Fallschirmjäger = purple beret, Jäger (where I got basic training) = green beret and Panzertruppen = black beret. All other Heer units wore the Schirmmütze with Grosser and Kleiner Dienstanzug. As far as I know, of course...

HTH,
Sepp
panzergrenadier wolf

FOR SEPP:
WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE FORMER NATIONAL VOLKSARMEE,SOME MILITARIA EXPERTS LOOKS ON IT AS THE FOLLOWING OF THE REICHWEHRMORE THAN THE BUNDESWEHR,WITCH THEY CONSIDER " TOO AMERICANIZED", THE NVA KEPT THE BASIC PRUSSIAN DRILL, DO YOU CONSIDER THE BUNDESWEHR AS " PRUSSIAN" TOO?
Sepp
Supporter

Post by Sepp »

The genuine prussian virtues have nothing to to with drill. Maybe you get the memoirs of Seeckt, Guderian, Rendulic (thoug he was not a orn Prussian) or Oechelhaeuser and study them carefully. Not being a 'militaria' expert, I am unable to answer your question. Sorry.

Sepp
panzergrenadier wolf

Sepp wrote:The genuine prussian virtues have nothing to to with drill. Maybe you get the memoirs of Seeckt, Guderian, Rendulic (thoug he was not a orn Prussian) or Oechelhaeuser and study them carefully. Not being a 'militaria' expert, I am unable to answer your question. Sorry.

Sepp
can you show some photos about your panzergrenadier bataillon,i'm interested by bundeswehr documents!
Sepp
Supporter

Post by Sepp »

panzergrenadier wolf

VIEL DANKE KAMERAD, i have already visited that site, i want to ask you if i can buy a complete DIENSTANZUG for a panzergrenadier with beret or shirmmuetze, i have bought a flecktarn dress already, if so, shall i come to germany for that??