Is Timo banned?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
michael kenny
Associate

Is Timo banned?

Post by michael kenny »

Why is Timo not allowed to post here anymore? Is this some form of 'score settling'?
I note ALL previous mention of his disgreement with a moderator here has been deleted.
Benoit Douville
Contributor

Post by Benoit Douville »

Well, Timo is a moderator on another forum about World War II and I really don't know why, his comments when somebody disagree with him are often harsh so if it's true that he is banned here that really don't surprise me.

Regards
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Benoit Douville wrote:Well, Timo is a moderator on another forum about World War II and I really don't know why, his comments when somebody disagree with him are often harsh so if it's true that he is banned here that really don't surprise me.

Regards
Ho is not a moderator on AHF any more. It wouldn´t surprise you if he would be banned?? Then I know many members of feldgrau which would deserve it hundred times more than him. It is really hard to stay calm when you read the crap some members here (and on other forums) write.

\Christoph
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

Then I know many members of feldgrau which would deserve it hundred times more than him. It is really hard to stay calm when you read the crap some members here (and on other forums) write.
That comming from you sounds like all of us should be erased and banned.

I myself never had problems with Timo so I really don't know why was that step necesary. I understand Heinz Kling but Timo?

best,
Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

Timo had his computer 'hacked' and details of his private emails were posted over at TRF.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=56465

Ater a flurry of posts in which Timo was accused of some very serious piracy (without any real proof) he was in receipt of information showing that the two people baying for his blood had themselves been involved in dubious methods in the past. Timo conveyed this information in private to his accusers and as a result all the threads relating to this incident were erased at Feldgrau and his posting rights have been suspended.
Perhaps those who erased the threads and suspended his posting rights would do him the courtesy of explaining their actions?

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=56595

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=56602
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Regardless of the prior controversy and the accusations thrown back and forth, I think it's a damned shame that Timo's status here is "under review" and his posting rights are suspended.

How many hundreds (if not thousands) of people has he supplied useful and reliabe information to over the many years he's contributed to Feldgrau?

How many thousands of posts has he made?

Personally, I hope that the two parties involved in the dispute, both of whom I respect immensely, can iron it out without involving either Feldgrau or AHF because, when all the shouting is done, it remains a private dispute.

Best Regards,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
John W. Howard

Agree With The Commissar

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Folks:
I seldom get involved with these contoversies, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Timo Worst should be banned. At times he can be a little impatient with some of us, but he has helped countless members of this site with their research. Actually he gives to this site more than he receives in return, due to the specialized nature of his research. Timo is a researcher of the German Army, and if he is not accorded a place here, on a site devoted to the research of the German Army, then the world has indeed been turned upside down.
I have seen controversies like this on numerous occasions in academia, where researchers in the same field snipe at and compete with each other to the detriment of the futherence of knowledge in their field of study. A little mutual respect would go a long way.
Perhaps some perspective is needed for the opponents in this dispute among the SS researchers: if it were not for the young soldiers of the Waffen SS sweating, bleeding, and dying sixty odd years ago on the field of battle, along with their opponents, there would not be anything to research. The research belongs to them and their memories, not to any one individual. Set aside your differences and get back to the business of helping bring these men's exploits to light for the enjoyment of all. That, I believe, is the job of the true historian.
John W. Howard
Tolga Alkan
Supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan »

Something has happened recently,see the links below michael kenny gave,He is not moderator in AHF anymore but continue to post entries in there.I think he needs to rest for some time therefore he doesn't post anything.
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.
Tolga Alkan
Supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan »

Today I received a message that made me very upset from Timo,he can't log in feldgrau.He is one the long time member since 1996. :(
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

Shamefull. :(
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
Roel Rijks

Post by Roel Rijks »

Indeed a shame, the "fight" between Timo and Moore has got nothing to do with this, or any other forum.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Roel Rijks wrote:Indeed a shame, the "fight" between Timo and Moore has got nothing to do with this, or any other forum.
I am not this oppinion! This has very much to do with forums and the online research community. Jason is in a difficult situation having Timo as long term member and other some kind of involved persons as moderators.
And I fear that the "pressure" of some oh so honorable people who published some books already will be too high and Timo will get closed out. It is amazing how many people don´t dare to say something in open (in pm´s and e-mails they do) against some people just because they have some books for sale.
I always judge people by their behaviour towards me and nothing else.... Timo was always fair to me in opposite to others.. but this is a different story.

\Christoph
Commissar D, the Evil

And I fear that the "pressure" of some oh so honorable people who published some books already will be too high and Timo will get closed out. It is amazing how many people don´t dare to say something in open (in pm´s and e-mails they do) against some people just because they have some books for sale.
As I understand it, the dispute is between John Moore and Timo, neither of whom are Moderators here at Feldgrau.

If this action has been taken against Timo as a result of a complaint by a Moderator, Mark Yerger, I would humbly ask him to step back and reconsider. Mark Yerger is not, after all, a party to this dispute. And, since the dispute has been erased from Feldgrau, it logically follows that this is not a dispute that concerns a Moderator in doing his job for Jason in moderating the Forum.

John Howard put it more eloquently than I could have have written:
I seldom get involved with these contoversies, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Timo Worst should be banned. At times he can be a little impatient with some of us, but he has helped countless members of this site with their research. Actually he gives to this site more than he receives in return, due to the specialized nature of his research. Timo is a researcher of the German Army, and if he is not accorded a place here, on a site devoted to the research of the German Army, then the world has indeed been turned upside down.
I agree with this and I do hope that Jason restores Timo's privileges.

Best Regards,
David
Christoph Awender
Patron

As I understand it, the dispute is between John Moore and Timo, neither of whom are Moderators here at Feldgrau.

If this action has been taken against Timo as a result of a complaint by a Moderator, Mark Yerger, I would humbly ask him to step back and reconsider. Mark Yerger is not, after all, a party to this dispute. And, since the dispute has been erased from Feldgrau, it logically follows that this is not a dispute that concerns a Moderator in doing his job for Jason in moderating the Forum.
Yes but we all know by the past and several recent statements who is on which side of the "conflict" thus involving the person in question.
I am not switzerland nor do I think being neutral in this case is "more clever" or more "intelligent" than expressing my feelings about this whole story. I am on Timos side and I think it is unfair what happened.
If we want it or not... the internet and forums are a part of the case.

\Christoph
Commissar D, the Evil

I'm not trying to be "more clever" here or "neutral" Christoph. The issue is Timo's suspension from this Forum. On this issue I've been quite clear that I believe Timo should be readmitted immediately.

Best Regards,
David