Stg44 rifle in Irak????

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Javier Sandoval
Supporter

Stg44 rifle in Irak????

Post by Javier Sandoval »

How the hell has this WWII German Stg44 rifle arrived in Irak??????? As far as I know only about 70.000 Stg44 were manufactured during the war. Also where do these fighters get the 7,92x33 ammunition for the rifle? Is these guys were smarter, they would sell the rifle on the internet to a WWII collector and with the money buy 20 or more AK-47.

DasReichX
Supporter

Post by DasReichX »

Something about that image makes it look fake, that or I am just hallucinating :shock: :?
DasReich.X
Mark
Javier Sandoval
Supporter

DasReichX wrote:Something about that image makes it look fake, that or I am just hallucinating :shock: :?
I don't know if the image is a fake or not. But I think is original since I also saw other images of iraki fighters with Stg44's on television here in Spain.
DasReichX
Supporter

Post by DasReichX »

Maybe they are just guns that are identical to the StG44, and are just modified. :?
DasReich.X
Mark
Javier Sandoval
Supporter

Hello. It is actually a real Stg44, and there are more of them still in Irak. Check the following links:

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/cgi-bin/u ... 9;t=007411

http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm ... nextnewest
Das-Reich

Post by Das-Reich »

Hey Das. Hey Javier. I think that is a replica. The Pakistanis make exact and handmad replicas of weapons. It just happens that the Germans had supported the Muslims.

More than likely they were originally introduced by Germans and mercs and then copied by the Pakis.
Tolga Alkan
Supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan »

BTW,I don't like picture it looks as edited.
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

Javier

If those guys were smart - well, they wouldn't be rioting in the street shooting rifles into the air! What goes up must come down... 8) I'm one of those firearms safety fanatics (having been nearly shot on several ocassions by sloppy gun handlers) and it just makes my skin crawl when I see those guys waving their guns around like that.

cheers
Reb
Patrick
Enthusiast

Post by Patrick »

Yes, and from what I hear, low flying aircraft think they're being targeted and then call in an air strike!
Cheers,

Patrick

When I was single, I had three theories on raising children. Now I have three children and no theories.
medic

Post by medic »

It's actually not that unusual a thing to find. One of my friends recently got back from Iraq and he said they found a bunch of World War II weapons, including an MP40. He didn't get to keep it but he got to take some pictures with it and with some of the other stuff they found.

I also have a picture (somewhere) that a friend sent me from Iraq. It shows a Tiger tank being used as a road block in Iraq. As far as I know, the story goes that the tank came from an armor museum and was pulled out as, like I said, a road block. I'm sure if you look online, someone else has those photos as well.

- Chris
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

What can i say?
Are any other Stg44's lying around and you have nothing to do with them? Well, it easy!! send them to me!!!

best,
Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
Javier Sandoval
Supporter

I also found these Somali fighters with Stg44.

Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

Who can resist a cute girl with a gun?

And who can resist feeling sorrow for a country where young girls
must be carrying such weapons?

cheers
Reb
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

How did those Stg44's get in Africa and how come they still work (maybe bacause they're german :D )? Also, do they even know what they hold in their hands? :?

best,
Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
101stDoc
Associate

Post by 101stDoc »

There's considerable WW2 (actual, not replica) weaponry in Africa and the Middle east. Think about it. :P

I can speak to the Iraq issue personally. I do have some WW2 firearms in my collection, and have been studying books on the K98. I have NO doubt that some of the weapons we confiscated during ODS WERE vintage K98s. At the time, I thought they may have been more modern replicas, but after looking at some photos, and rolling things around up in my mind a bit, I'm sure that's what they were.

Of course, there were TONS of K98s made, and they are quite easy to find for collectors. Tho top end K98s can be spendy.

Out there, they have a cornucopia of weaponry. It's a gunrunner's paradise. If you name it, it is probably there somewhere. And if it isn't, someone that can find it probably is.

Doc