OOB for all misc. German units in June of 1943.

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Maus
Supporter

OOB for all misc. German units in June of 1943.

Post by Maus »

I need a comprehensive OOB for all of the miscellaneous units of the Wehrmacht in June (or late spring, early summer) of 1943. I have a decent OOB for the first week of July in the Kriegtagesbuch des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht III2, but it only list the divisions and brigades/regiments for all of the Wehrmacht. It does not include any of the independent Pioneer bns., Grenadier bns., Artillery bns, etc. etc. I know that there used to be a website that listed many of these miscellaneous/independant batallions, but I no longer have the website address. Does anyone know of a website that would have this information, or even a book/books that might have this info. Thanks in advance!

Brian Burmeister
Roger Griffiths
Associate

Post by Roger Griffiths »

Have you any idea what you're asking. Unless I have just miscounted, there were 65 attached units in 4 Panzer Army alone, before Kursk.

Roger
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Roger Griffiths wrote:Have you any idea what you're asking. Unless I have just miscounted, there were 65 attached units in 4 Panzer Army alone, before Kursk.
Roger
Hello Maus -

To give you some idea of what Roger is talking about - take a look at "Order of Battle - Operation Typhoon - 02 October 1941" under Unit Histories.FpNs,OoBs..................

That list is just for ONE day and ONE army group! :shock:

Best regards, and good luck -
Signed: "The Shadow"
Maus
Supporter

Post by Maus »

Hello Gentlemen,

Yes, I understand it is a rather daunting task. But I will continue to search until I find some website or book that lists all of these independant units.

Brian B.
Maus
Supporter

Post by Maus »

Hello again Gentlemen,

I have found a website that will give me just about everthing I need. Here it is http://members.tripod.com/~Sturmvogel/heer-obscure.html

Brian B.
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Hi Maus -

Good site!

Have used it in the past!

Have fun...as I remember, the Artillery section alone is about 120 pages, and the StuG. and Pz.Jag. each about 40!

Best regards -
Signed: "The Shadow"