German General Military Discussion

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
ReconPAL

German General Military Discussion

Post by ReconPAL »

It seems appropriate to post a comment to Annelie's Oct 24 post of a copy of my earlier e-mail to her describing a personal experience with a dead German soldier lying in a frozen farm field in Alsace in Feb,45. I had made a plea in that e-mail for an effort to preserve anecdotal information from participants in warfare commenting that the WWII cohort is fast dying off, at 1000 a day in a geometric progression I'm told.
My purpose in making this suggestion ( one made numerous times by me and others on the Forum) is not to serve the interest what ever that might be, psychological, therapuetical of the teller of the tale but to preserve the anthropological record of the war, the way it was lived endured and fought. To me this is an even more interesting subject than the minute description of the refinements of armaments, guns, food, and the command of units and where they were and when and by whom. The techniques to do this are well known. The evaluation of evidence almost commonplace All that is needed is interest. Paul
To those who served