Blueprints of the Berlin Bunker

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Morphicon

Blueprints of the Berlin Bunker

Post by Morphicon »

Hello,

I want to create a realistic 3D model of Hitler's bunker in Berlin, but I can't seem to find any good maps/blueprints or photos of it. Were there taken any photos of the inside of the bunker? I watched a program on Discovery Channel a couple of weeks ago, which inspired me to do this. If anyone can offer any assistance, I'd be most grateful.

Regards,
Morphicon
Bavarian Wolf

hitler's bunker schematic

Post by Bavarian Wolf »

Hope this can help you some how

Bavarian wolf[img]www.topographie.de/wilhelmstr/voss1-19/bunker.gif[/img]
Wir sind mehr als eine Nation der Armeen!
Bavarian Wolf

hitler's bunker schematic

Post by Bavarian Wolf »

Hope this can help you some how

Bavarian wolfwww.topographie.de/wilhelmstr/voss1-19/bunker.gif[/img]
Wir sind mehr als eine Nation der Armeen!
Morphicon

Post by Morphicon »

Thanks, Bavarian Wolf. I also found several other overview pictures of what the bunker must have looked like, so I think I'll be able to recreate the rooms now. I'm still looking for pictures of the interior, but I guess the Russians destroyed the bunker without preserving any detailed photos?

-Morphicon
Dackel Staffel
Associate

Post by Dackel Staffel »

Hi,

Wasn't the east german governement who has destroyed the bunker in the 70's ?

So long.
All we need it's a Dackel in each pocket
Groscurth
Contributor
Location: Couloir Gervasuti,east side of Mont Blanc du Tacul.

Post by Groscurth »

Can not log in on this URL, sure it is the correct adress?
-"Two things are unendless: the universe and human stupidity. But I am not so sure about the universe" Einstein
-Question: "Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?" Answer: "To prevent the sensible ones from going home!" Anonymous
Groscurth
Contributor
Location: Couloir Gervasuti,east side of Mont Blanc du Tacul.

Post by Groscurth »

Thank's Morphicon.
Hitlers room must have been something like 3,2 m. on 3,2 m. so small, the conference room to must have been that small, his study was somewhat larger. Guess that everything is en very bad shape now there and does not deserve a restauration (the cost...). I' ve seen the civil shelter in east Berlin that is turned in to a gigantic nuclear civil bunker now. A pitty that the flaktowers at ZOO don't exist anymore, when I see the pictures at the berlin bunker web, those where huge concrete forts, active until the surrender.
-"Two things are unendless: the universe and human stupidity. But I am not so sure about the universe" Einstein
-Question: "Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?" Answer: "To prevent the sensible ones from going home!" Anonymous
Ernst-H
Supporter

Post by Ernst-H »

Discovery channel recently broadcasted an interesting documentary in which they recreated the bunker. They also had build a 3D-model of it.
Morphicon

Post by Morphicon »

I'll have to see if I can get some photos of it. Checking their site now.
Morphicon

Post by Morphicon »

Here you can watch films about the exterior and interior of the bunker.
Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden »

Morphicon wrote:Thanks, Bavarian Wolf. I also found several other overview pictures of what the bunker must have looked like, so I think I'll be able to recreate the rooms now. I'm still looking for pictures of the interior, but I guess the Russians destroyed the bunker without preserving any detailed photos?
The Soviets attempted to blow up the Führerbunker in 1947, but what they mostly accomplished was to bring down some of the ceiling.

Then, in 1988-89, the East German authorities had the Vorbunker broken up and removed, while building those apartment buildings that are now along Wilhelmstraße and Voss-straße there. They broke up the roof of the Führerbunker and allowed the rubble to drop down into the (flooded) rooms. I have seen a few photos that were supposedly taken inside the bunkers at this time, but some of these have later turned out to have been taken inside other nearby bunkers, so I'm not sure of any of these.

However, "After the Battle" covered this, and their reporter did get inside the Vorbunker at that time and took some photos. But he couldn't get into the Führerbunker itself - it was flooded and the stairway was choked with rubble from the 1947 demolition attempts.

Geoff Walden