Rare photo sets - PRICES MUCH REDUCED

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Rare photo sets - PRICES MUCH REDUCED

Post by Jason Pipes »

The following photo sets have been heavily reduced to sell quickly.

These photo groupings are top-of-the-line, highly sought-after, and very rare. These groups are from the core of my photo collection and are being sold to finance an even larger research acquisition.

------------------

Panzergruppe Guderian photo set consisting of 201 photos, all 3x4 format, all shot by a member of the HQ staff of the 29.Inf.Div (mot) and 48.Panzerkorps of Panzergruppe Guderian from May 1941 until Decemeber 1941. The photos in this collection were originally taken as these units crossed the Soviet frontier and battled their way to the very gates of Moscow. The 29.Infanterie-Division (mot.) was in the van of the push through the central sector of the Eastern Front in 1941 and therefore the photos include many shots of their coordinated attacks with the 18.Panzer-Division, 19.Panzer-Division and even Sturmgeschutz-Abteilungen. Every single photo contained within this collection is a priceless gem taken by someone with an incredible eye for detail and literally nerves of steel! Many, many photos are taken in DIRECT combat! There are many shots of impacting artillery, tanks and MGs firing, soldiers running for cover, burning landscapes, bridge crossings, river crossings, storming the Stalin Line, Panzer columns with infantry mounted, close in shots of the very first Nebelwerfers ever used in combat, gruesome shots of masses of dead burning Soviets and burning Soviet tanks, rare shots of the first known T34s encountered by Guderian's Panzergruppe, engineer troops searching for mines, divisional command post photos, massive columns of armored vehicles and staff cars all with the "G" on them, Panzer commanders in the turrets of their command tanks, medical troops, sturmboots crossing rivers, spotter planes in flight, captured Soviet officers and female political officers, Russian Hiwis (in 1941!), Sturmgeschutz in action with German infantry assaulting tree lines, at least 12 (TWELVE!!!!) identified Knights Cross holders, a *FULL* Knights Cross Holder presentation ceremony with one shot of *FOUR* Knights Cross Holders together, four *CANDID* shots of Heinz Guderian himself, in the field, commanding his troops, and much, much more. This set is by far one of the single best photo groups I have ever seen. I have researched this photo set extensively and will include the materials that I have uncovered thus far regarding names of all KC holders in the photos, dates of the various combat shots, locations of the places in the photos, etc.

This photo set was planned to become a cdrom for sale on Feldgrau many months ago but this project fell through. The lucky buyer of this set will get all research materials I planned to use for this cdrom. To see examples of the *ORIGINAL* photos included in this set, check the following link (the mention of ...cdrom... on this page is no longer valid so please ignore). http://www.feldgrau.com/articles.php?ID=71

$950.00
------------------

Bau-Bataillone 409/163.Inf.Div in Finland 1941-44 photo set, 200 photos. Details to follow.

$175.00
------------------

61.Infanterie-Division 1940-1944 photo set, 800+ photos. A single photo album STUFFED with 800+ original photos all from the same soldier in the 61.Infanterie-Division from 1940-1944. Inlcudes hundreds of shots of this elite division in action, including rare shots of the occupation of the Baltic Sea Islands, and extended trench warfare on the Leningrad front. Album includes wartime newspaper articles about the unit, wartime maps, drawings, and other related things pasted alongside the photos. Truly a one-of-a-kind presentation album recording in vast detail the exploits of this soldier and the division he belonged to.

$600.00
------------------

1.Gebirgs-Division 1939-1940 photo set, 175 photos. Details to follow.

$175.00
------------------

Wilhelm Gustloff cruise album, 100 photos. Rare pre-war album covering the cruise of the Gustloff which later would go on to hold the grim fate of being the worst naval disaster in all of history when it was sunk by the Soviets in January of 1945, killing nearly 9,000 people. Album contains EXCELLENT onboard ship photos deck, inside the ship, of the ships captain, etc. Cover includes a wonderful period painting of the Gustloff at sea.

$350.00
------------------
Ernst-H
Supporter

Post by Ernst-H »

Hi Jason,

if you ever have Polizei Photographic material for sale please email me

thanks
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Actually, I do have a rather nice collection of Police photos that I could offer for sale. Please contact me offline to discuss the details.

I also have a great small set of 6 Russian Foreign volunteer photos, a set of about 60 random portrait photos, and a ton of auxiliary photo sets, stuff like German Red Cross, NSKK, SA, female signal corps units, etc. Nice groups with all content related to that specific area.
Jason Petho
Supporter

Post by Jason Petho »

"Panzergruppe Guderian photo set consisting of 201 photos, all 3x4 format,..."

Oh to have a cookie jar full of cash.. I'd be happy to take that off your hands! :D

Next lifetime, perhaps...

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Petho Cartography
http://www.pethocarto.com

Mapping Military History

Check out the Portfolio!
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Here are examples of 17 of the photos contained within the Panzergruppe Guderian photo collection mentioned above. These photos speak for themselves regarding the quality and content found within this set. Keep in mind these are ALL private, original photos and not PK photos!

Jason Petho
Supporter

Post by Jason Petho »

Guess you wouldn't be willing to break up the collection, would you?

:?:

Hope you're well
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

Check out the Portfolio!
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Well, it would really break my heart to do so, but I would consider it if the set didn't sell soon. Make an offer on what photos you want and I will consider it.
Michael Avanzini
Supporter

Post by Michael Avanzini »

Jason

What was the problem with creating the CDROM of this photo set. Seems you could have made as much or more in selling the CDs and still retained the original photo set. I know as I ordered one and was very dissappointed in its cancelling

Michael
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Your point is a good one. The problem was the effort that went into creating the cdrom, and the fact that all of the work I did on it initially was lost in a computer crash. This, coupled with a failure on my scanner and lack of funds at the time made the entire process exceedingly difficult to complete. I had to refund a number of peoples money as a result.

Depending on the situation, if no one comes forward to purchase this set, I may in fact try and have a go at creating a cdrom one more time. I would need to sell about 40-50 copies to cover the costs I'm trying to make up right now. I know over time I could sell that number, but probably not in the next two weeks.
Jason Petho
Supporter

Post by Jason Petho »

Jason,

I'd be willing to buy a copy of the cd in advance, if that would help out any. :?:

Regarding "Make an offer on what photos you want and I will consider it" please see the PM I shall send.

Hi Michael! Hope you're well!!

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

Check out the Portfolio!
trotlin13

Guderian

Post by trotlin13 »

Jason:

I sent you an email concerning the Guderian lot. Please let me know. Thanks!!
RSW

Post by RSW »

Hi Jason, how many photos are in the Guderian collection? Thank you for your time.
Regards,
Robert
RSW

Post by RSW »

Sorry Jason, I can't read tonight. Is this set still available?
Regards,
Robert
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

The Guderian photo set has been sold! Thanks to everyone for their interest. Other than the 800+ photo album, all other photo sets are still available for purchase.
Robert Westby
Supporter

61st Inf Div.

Post by Robert Westby »

Jason, is the 61st Infantry Div. photo collection still for sale?