NSKK

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
JamesKnechtmann

NSKK

Post by JamesKnechtmann »

Does anyone know of any good German or English sources on the wartime operations of the NSKK?
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Roger Bender put out an excellent book on the history of the NSKK and NSFK. It's in english and should be fairly widely available. As with many works from Bender it has a significant focus on uniforms and the like, but it also does an excellent job at covering the other organizational and operational details of its wartime formations. believe it or not Osprey Books also published a great book on the Auxiliary Forces of the Third Reich which nicely covers the NSKK, Legion Speer, etc. It is very inexpensive and should be available at just about any hobby store or Borders Books chain.
JamesKnechtmann

NSKK

Post by JamesKnechtmann »

Thanks, Jason. Actually, I already have the Bender book, which whetted my curiosity for something more narrative. The NSKK doesn't get much coverage, although I suspect that being an NSDAP organization it did not play a particularly large role in combat areas or areas behind the front, unlike the RAD or even the OT. As for the Osprey book, I will run that down, because I've always liked Osprey's attention to detail in matters of uniforms.

Cheers,

James
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

Jason,

Could you get a bit more specific about the Bender book? What's the title, ISBN, etc. Thanks a lot!

Bye,

Alex