Welcome to this new section and what are wargames?

Miniatures, board wargames and computer games related to WWII.
DannySParker

Re: Hitler's Last Gamble Redux

Post by DannySParker »

Mark F wrote:I have a copy of the original Battle of the Bulge. It is very inaccurate and way too simplified. For a better treatment try and obtain a copy of Danny Parkers Hitlers Last Gamble. I have played Wacht Am Rhein, a monster game made by SPI. It is a battalion/company level game.

I have the following games that I can remember, some I have in storage and may have forgotten.

Panzerblitz, Panzerleader, Arab Israeli Wars, Luftwaffe, Battle of the Bulge all by AH

Campaign for North Africa (another monster), Panzerarmee Afrika, NATO, Red Star White Star, Ardennes Offensive, Spitfire, all by SPI

DAK II, Tunisia by MMP

Zitadelle and another two-three dozen games by 3W

So I have everything from the beer and pretzel afternoon games to the long marathon games.

Of the games I own my vote for the best researched would have to be Parkers Hitlers Last Gamble, very enjoyable. Panzerarmee Afrika is very simple, inaccurate but very fun and fast paced.
Thank you Mark. Nice to hear. Not sure how many will be interested, but we plan to reissue Hitler's Last Gamble with all sort of improvements-- all of the nifty historical details to remain, adding an important and simple rating of morale (Napoleon was right to say morale was to the physical as three is to one, but perhaps exaggerated in WWII), and streamlined rules that are well organized. First quality charts and player aids, not to mention an end to that horrid box art!

Those having played the game are welcome to make suggestions while we are making decisions for the next few months.
Mark F

Re: Welcome to this new section and what are wargames?

Post by Mark F »

Thank you Mr. Parker!!! That is great news! I had recently seen a posting on consimworld that you were working on an updated game and I have been very anxious to hear more. I cant wait to get my hands on the new edition when it comes out!!! Where should we be looking for updates or offering our suggestions?

Sincerely

Mark
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Hi Mark.

Good to hear from you after so long.
PM me.

Kind Regards,
David.
Thanks. Dave.
Adibach

Post by Adibach »

I am really enjoying the PC game Men of War: Assault Squad 2..https://youtu.be/LPuxDBotyjU
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. :D
Robert F. Rojas

RE: Welocme To This New Section And What Are Wargames?

Post by Robert F. Rojas »

Greetings to Chairman Jim Pollars, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Howdy Jim! Well sir, in light of brother Jason Pipes now vintage administrative posting of Sunday - December 31, 2006 - 12:43pm, old yours truly would like to beg your indulgence and offer for consideration this petition to RETAIN the WARGAMES section when the new and improved Feldgrau Forum is inaugurated in latter part of year 2018. And yes, I am a partisan lobbyist on this subject since I was once a quite avid Wargaming person myself. Now you know. Thank you in advance for entertaining this request. Well, that's my initial two cents worth on this administrative topic of interest - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day no matter where you just might happen to find yourself on Terra Firma.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :up: :[]
It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it - Robert E. Lee