About the uranium

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Sebastian Pye
Enthusiast

About the uranium

Post by Sebastian Pye »

Would the japs have been able to build an a-bomb before 1945 if they had received the uranium already in 1943 when they first requested it?
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

Japan did not have an effective atomic weapons program. Considering the resources needed by the Americans, there is no way the Japs could have beat the US to the bomb. 8)
brendan-moloney

what if

Post by brendan-moloney »

A LOT OF THE INFORMATION ON THE GERMAN AND JAP NUCLEAR PROJECTS ARE NOT YET OPEN TO PUBLIC VIEW THE JAPS HAD A VERY EFFECTIVE SCIENCE COMUNITY AND THERE BIO WEAPON RESEARCH WAS AS BIG IF NOT BIGGER THAN THE MANATHON PROJECT AND THEY WERE THE FIRST TO DELIVER A BIO WEAPON FROM AN AIRCRAFT VIA A BOMB.
THE GERMANS AGAIN THERE IS LITTLE WE NOW ABOUT GERMAN ATOMIC RESEARCH WHAT WE DO KNOW IS THAT EVEN THOW SCIENTIST LEFT OR WERE REMOVED FROM GERMANY TO AMERICA THEY STILL HAD MORE THAN ADIQUATE SCIENTIFIC BRAINS TO CARRY OUT THIS TASK AND HAD ONE ADVANTAGE TO THE AMERICANS THERE,S A LOT OF ATOMIC MINERAL RESOURCES IN GERMANY AND THEY WERE THE FIRST TO DIG FOR IT. SECONDLEY SOME OF THIS U 234 WAS CAPTURED BY THE ALLIES ABOURD A GERMAN U-BOAT AT THE END OF THE WAR IN EUROPE AND THE USED THIS IN THE FIRST NUCLEAR WEAPON UNTIL WE NOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GERMAN AND THE JAP CAPABILITIES WE WILL FOREVER BE IGNORANT ABOUT HOW CLOSE WE CAME TO A NAZI DOMINATED HISTORY.....

Sorry about the caps i had my caps lock on and did not see until the last sentance..
Sir you are drunk:
madam you are ugly, but i will recover in the morning

Winston churchill.......
LiL_Puma

Post by LiL_Puma »

All I can say about this, which isn't much, is that the Jappanese would've been more than happy to employ Biological weapons, which they were already developing. A-Bombs, I doubt the Jappanese would had created, as already stated.

Let's say the Jappanese choose to Biological weapons on a massive scale against Americans or the Chinese. Though I'm not sure, I think American soldiers would probably already have gas protection. (The British did with the fear of BoB looming in 1940). Or, the Chinese would sustain many civilian losses, and if it grabbed the attention of the rest of the world, Japan would be in some interesting circumstances.

Once again, this information is rather sketchy, but I think the Jappanese was not present at the Geneva Convention, and was not bound by it's rules. If they were or not, the immediate backlash from every Allied nation, if they chose to respond with their own biological weapons, would devastate Japan.

Stated above, is the reason Germany didn't employ the use of biological weapons duirng the war. Hitler knew, that if he used them, the Allies would respond with a massive backlash.

The Allies would use probably biological weapons against frontline troops if forced to, but one could imagine the terror and destruction caused by large-scale B-29 raids dropping biological weapons on Jappanese cities.

- LiL_Puma