Feldgrau Author: Charles Trang

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Re: Feldgrau Author: Charles Trang

Post by John P. Moore »

I am still reading my copy of Vol 1 of the new "Wiking" series. There is a lot of text in the book and reading in the French language takes some time. The photos are excellent and once again Charles succeeds in finding some very good original photos.
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

Thanks a lot, John. I am trying to do my best !
The book is a pure divisional history with lots of dates, names of locations, orders of battle and officers listings. For very detailed biographies, Mark's book on the DKiG holders of the division should complete my work perfectly.
Thomas V.
Supporter

Post by Thomas V. »

Charles,

What would be the best source to order your ,,Wiking" books?

Best,

Thomas
dgc47

Post by dgc47 »

Mr Trang, please excuse my ignorance, but are all your books in French and if so, will they be translated into English?
I hear nothing but good things about you but heard your books are in French only
raingun
Supporter

Post by raingun »

dgc47 wrote:Mr Trang, please excuse my ignorance, but are all your books in French and if so, will they be translated into English?
I hear nothing but good things about you but heard your books are in French only
Totenkopf and 10SS 1943 are english version
just like waffen-ss
dgc47

Post by dgc47 »

raingun wrote:
dgc47 wrote:Mr Trang, please excuse my ignorance, but are all your books in French and if so, will they be translated into English?
Totenkopf and 10SS 1943 are english version
Thanks raingun, I'll look out for them
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

In fact, the English version of "Totenkopf" is not a translation of the French book. There are a few more photos but the text is different. Due to translation costs, the English version is only a digest of the French one so it is less detailed.
raingun
Supporter

Post by raingun »

QQ图片20140613173848.jpg
QQ图片20140613173848.jpg (81.1 KiB) Viewed 18244 times
:D :D :D
just like waffen-ss
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

I am sorry Thomas, I did not see your question !
There are only a few copies left but you can still make the order directly to Editions Heimdal, the editor. Their shipping costs are not expensive at all.
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

As you may know, the second volume of "Wiking" is out since January 2015. The third volume will deal with the May 1943 - May 1945 period and should be out in early 2016.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

I understand from the author that Wiking 1 and Wiking 3 are now out of print. Heimdal is expected to reprint those volumes.
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

Wiking 1 and Wiking 3 have been reprinted and are now available.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

That is good news Charles!
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

My latest book on the Hohenstaufen division is now available.
There are about 800 photos, a large number of which come from Pierre Tiquet's collection and have never been published before. These are photos which belonged to former members of the division, so their quality is sometimes not of the highest standard but their historical interest is evident.
The text is very different from what Herbert Fürbringer had written. I have put the emphasis on the officers of the division and there are a lot of biographies. There are also a good number of veterans' testimonies.
With the great help of John P. Moore, the command structures have been corrected. People who are interested by the divisional monthly strength reports will also be pleased as all the reports which exist are included in the book.
robbrn157

Post by robbrn157 »

Greetings, I am looking for information about Hohenstaufen's vehicle numbering system.
Online, I have found a PDF of a book called:
German WWII Organizational Series, Vol 5/III, Waffen SS Higher Headquarters and Mechanized Formations, 4 July 1943.
There are lots of tactical symbols, but no way to determine the individual vehicle numbering system.
Specifically, I am looking for what numbers would have been assigned to an Sd Kfz 250/7 Mortar Carrier.