Help with a translation

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

John Winner
Supporter

Help with a translation

Post by John Winner »

I am having a bit of trouble with the second half of this sentence.

Durch entsprechende Vorbereitungen in den Feuerstellungen sowie im Aufbau Beob.-Systems muss ein rasches Herumschwenken der in betracht kommenden Artl.Gruppen sichergestellt werden.

So far I have: With adequate preparation in the firing positions and the establishment of the observation system....

For the second half something about a quick panning or spinning to ensure being considered for inclusion in the artillery group.
postofficeworker
Supporter

Re: Help with a translation

Post by postofficeworker »

babelfish online translation:

By appropriate preparations in the firing positions as well as in the structure Beob. - System must rapid pivoting of the being possible Artl.Gruppen be guaranteed.
John Winner
Supporter

Post by John Winner »

It just seems hard to make heads or tail of what the last part is trying to say.
storm39
Supporter

Post by storm39 »

Babelfish is a hard act to follow :D but here is my effort

Through adequate preparation of the gun positions and observation systems a quick turnaround should be guaranteed in consideration of the artillery groups.

So I think it's saying that if one group sets up the gun positions and observations positions and makes them adequate for purpose, it will mean that the art. men will be ready for action much quicker.