Killing of Wehrmacht soldiers in T4 Action?

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Alex Dekker
Associate

Killing of Wehrmacht soldiers in T4 Action?

Post by Alex Dekker »

At the moment I am reading Werner Maser Hitler, Legend myth reality (the badly translated version in Dutch). At page 250 Maser mentions Hadamar in Hessen, where German Wehrmacht soldiers were killed. Maser states he investigated this somewhere in 1971. He writes about military personal without arms and legs, bomberpilots with psychich problems and wounded men who would never recover. I googled Hadamar, and I ran into T4 killings, without the German soldiers. Anyone who knows a bit more about these murders of German soldiers?
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
hucks216
Contributor

Re: Killing of Wehrmacht soldiers in T4 Action?

Post by hucks216 »

I recall reading somewhere that various members of the T4 Programme staff were sent to the Minsk area where they conducted euthanasia on badly wounded German troops but they were sworn to utmost secrecy and very few details have emerged. I can't remember where I read that but it might of been in The Nazi Doctors: Medical Killing and the Psychology of Genocide by Robert Jay Lifton but it has been a fair few years since I last read it so can't be sure. It might of also been mentioned in Into That Darkness: From Mercy Killing to Mass Murder by Gitta Sereny (which is about Franz Stangl from conducted interviews with him while he was in prison), but again I am far from certain on that.
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

The book about Stangl? I got it and read it a few years ago. Thanks for the tip, I will get the book again one of these days!
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

In november last year I bought 'Der Arzt von Hartheim', written by Mireille Horsinga-Reno. In this book she writes about her uncle, Georg Reno, who was involved in the T-$ killings in Schloss Hartheim. I've read about half of the book, but nothing about killing German soldiers yet.