Hornbaum

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Ronald Lameck
Supporter

Hornbaum

Post by Ronald Lameck »

Any information on "Hornbaum", Generalleutnant commanding XVIII (Geb.) Armeekorps of 20 (Geb.) Armee on and about 1 September 1944 is much appreciated. Full name, any history, etc.
Jerry
Associate

Re: Hornbaum

Post by Jerry »

Hochbaum.jpg
Hochbaum.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 4904 times
When you're in command..... command!
Jerry
Associate

Post by Jerry »

The above entry from Keilig says XVII Geb.K. but it is a typo, Hochbaum commanded XVIII Geb.K.

Jerry
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Ronald!

Here's a link to a detailed bio on Friedrich Hochbaum...

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Per ... hbaumF.htm

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Jerry
Associate

Post by Jerry »

Don't you just hate it when you go to the trouble to find an answer for someone and they don't even show you the courtesy of acknowledging your information, let alone thanking you for the effort? Tsk, tsk, children these days.

Jerry
Jerry
Associate

Post by Jerry »

Ronald,

I see you have sent me a private message, but I won't retrieve it. If you have something to say to me say it here on the forum.

Jerry
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

It is always a good idea to thank forum members for their efforts on one's behalf; many are authors and researchers, who take time from their own efforts to help a fellow member of Feldgrau. Jerry is one of our nicer members and is always willing to help, but he does get grumpy when he is not thanked for his efforts :wink:
John W. Howard
Ronald Lameck
Supporter

Post by Ronald Lameck »

Dear Jerry and John:

Gentlemen: Please forgive me for not understanding the protocol of using this forum. I am always grateful to anyone who gives their time and effort to help me in life. I try to be that sort of person myself. As you are both aware, I did promptly send a personal message to Jerry which expressed my gratitude and explained how and why the information provided has been helpful to me.
I acted under the presumption that others who scan the posts might find benefit from the information provided, but might be distracted by personal conversation. I further presumed that this was why a "personal messages" avenue was provided by the designers of this forum. You need not send me to Bautzen (former headquarters and main prison of the D.D.R.'s "Stasi") for this - I've already been there - just a tourist, not a "customer"!
But I do ask you to accept my sincere apology. Whatever slight you may have experienced was wholly unintended. Thank you for your kind assistance.
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

No problem on this end, Ronald. A thank you may seem like it clutters up a thread sometimes, but it is almost an essential on these forums. Take care.
John W. Howard