questions on the Ramcke Brigade

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Andy Phillpotts

questions on the Ramcke Brigade

Post by Andy Phillpotts »

Does anyone know the names of the commander of the signals company (Nachrichten-Kompanie) and of the medical company (Sanitäts-Kompanie) in the Ramcke Fallschirmjäger Brigade (Luftwaffen-Jäger-Brigade 1) in North Africa in the years 1942-1943?

I think that the medical company commander might be Stabarzt Dr. Cohrs, since he was the brigade medical officer.

Thanks in advance,

Andy
David W
Patron

Re: questions on the Ramcke Brigade

Post by David W »

I know that the original question here has not been answered, but the title seemed ideal to me & I did not want to create another "Ramcke" thread.

Did the Battalions that made up the Brigade in 1942 have any sub machine guns or machine pistiols issued to them?
Most T.o&E that I have seen don't list equipment smaller than Light machine guns.
Thanks. Dave.
Leandros
Supporter

Post by Leandros »

David W wrote:I know that the original question here has not been answered, but the title seemed ideal to me & I did not want to create another "Ramcke" thread.

Did the Battalions that made up the Brigade in 1942 have any sub machine guns or machine pistiols issued to them?
Most T.o&E that I have seen don't list equipment smaller than Light machine guns.
I should think this is probably because personal weapons followed the soldiers, while an MG is a unit weapon.
http://www.fredleander.com - buy my book on Operation Sea Lion
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Yes, that make sense.
Thanks. Dave.
Alanmccoubrey
Contributor

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

David, The individual weapons of each and every soldier are included in a unit's KStN so you'll have to ask Christoph or some other expert which KStN to look ofr when studying Ramcke. The only FJ type KStN that I can actually find on Christoph's site is for the Brandenburger's FJ company(2621 dated 1st Feb 44) and it certainly includes MPi.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/
Alan
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Thanks Alan.
Thanks. Dave.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Does anyone know what vehicles the II Abteilung Falschrim Jaeger Artillerie Regiment 7 used for towing their 10cm LG2 guns whilst in North Africa?
Thanks. Dave.
Alanmccoubrey
Contributor

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

I don't know for certain but an educated guess would be either motorcycle combinations or Kettenkrad.
Alan
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

They certainly had the Kettenkrad.
Thanks. Dave.