Mansal Denton - "Mansal D"

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

Re: Mansal Denton - "Mansal D"

Post by Massimiliano Afiero »

I was shocked when I heard the news. I could not contact Mansal directly, but I'm really appalled. We had recently included among the staff of our magazine 'Ritterkreuz' but we had to exclude because of these serious allegations. We await the final verdict of this story.

Waffen
Ritterkreuz

Post by Ritterkreuz »

is a serious thing, stealing archive material, any document it is
Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

Post by Massimiliano Afiero »

I could hear Mansal and assured me that everything will resolve soon. Let's hope so.

Waffen
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

Let us use the American law principle.
INNOCENT UNTILL PROVEN GUILTY
hn
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Haen - This “innocent” person was found by law enforcement authorities with misappropriated documents in his home. Mansal Denton was charged with second-degree felony theft between $100,000 and $200,000. He has offered no explanation regarding this incident.

John
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

Thanks for the response John,
I am not saying that he IS innocent, but that we could wait till he is proven guilty , in a court of law.
There may be(sic) an explanation why he had all those items in his posession, and/or "sold" documents..
I am the first one to be appalled by a deed like that, but would like to give him at least a chance to defend himself.
H.N.
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
Paul E
Supporter

Post by Paul E »

I too assisted Mansal with his Narva book which in hindsight i now regret , has anyone any update on the prosecution of Mansal ?

regards

Paul
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

As of June this year "still awaiting trial"
HILL COUNTRY VILLAGE, Texas - A New York-based bookseller accused of buying stolen, historical Holocaust documents will be coming to a San Antonio court.

The Mazal Holocaust Library located in Hill Country Village has filed a million dollar lawsuit against Dan Wyman for at least 25 percent of the remaining historical items that have not been recovered. This after 21-year-old Mansal Denton, a former library intern, was charged with stealing thousands of dollars worth of documents from the library.

Mazal family attorney, Elliot Cappuccio, says Wyman sold the documents on the internet for profit.

Mazal's daughter, Aimee Skillin, says sadly her father passed away from cancer and never had the peace of seeing his collection complete again.

Skillin said, “I think my father would of wanted that the truth be shown and admitted.to us that is the most important thing.”

Wyman's attorneys are expected to be back in court tomorrow to ask for a new trial. Denton, the intern, is awaiting trial
...but as you can see, the ramifications of this are growing larger...
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Dutto1
Supporter

Post by Dutto1 »

Hi,

Here is another update.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... 650145.php

Regards

Ron
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

From the link in Ron's post it appears that Mansal Denton is now facing life in prison if convicted.

John
Dutto1
Supporter

Post by Dutto1 »

Mazal Holocaust Library have a Facebook page too.Back in January they gave updates on the case.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazal-Ho ... 0889663265

Regards,

Ron
Paul E
Supporter

Post by Paul E »

Thank you for the update Gentlemen !
Michael Miller / ABR
Author

Post by Michael Miller / ABR »

Life in prison!?! :shock: For stealing documents? That's completely insane, and has to be a misprint. I supervised more than a few child molesters and methamphetamine dealers who had received only a few weeks in county jail and a few years of probation. The alleged offense is reprehensible, but that punishment doesn't even come close to fitting the crime.

~ Mike
"I am a historian before I am a Christian; my object is simply to find out how the things actually occurred."

~Leopold von Ranke, 19th Century German Historian
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

I disagree. A Life sentence in prison is an appropriate punishment for child molesters and meth addicts and the same thing applies to people who steal documents such as Mansal Denton has done. By stealing these documents and selling to collectors for personal gain researchers are forever deprived of studying their content. The only thing better than a Texas prison is one in Louisiana.

John
Dutto1
Supporter

Post by Dutto1 »

I must agree with Mike Miller the life sentence does seem rather extreme,from what i can understand a good percentage of the documents have been traced and returned.It's a very serious crime in my eyes that has been comitted but in reality i'm not too sure it equates to the offender if convicted spending the next 60 years or so in prison at the expense of the American taxpayer.

Mazal updated the Facebook page a few days ago and the case has been postponed again much to their understandable frustration.

Regards,

Ron