69th and 754th Regiments (10th pz div) in Tunisia

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Medjez

69th and 754th Regiments (10th pz div) in Tunisia

Post by Medjez »

Hello; I'm new to the forum and having had no luck anywhere else on the net, I have been directed here in case you might be able to help me.

I'm researching the battle of Christmas/Longstop Hill in Tunisia on Dec 22nd-25th, 1942. I have quite a few of the original allied documents pertaining to this battle, but absolutely nothing from the Axis forces involved in the battle save Oberst Rudolf Langs account from NARA/NACP which was witten some time after the battle and without original sources. This is a fairly big gap in the english-speaking literature that I am hoping to address.

I was hoping someone either has books relating the two regiments mentioned or could point me in the right direction towards researching them, as I have absolutely no experience researching Wehrmact forces and no idea what resources are available for people like me.

Any advice would be appreciated and I'm more then happy to help anyone out from my side of things.
MadDog
Associate

Re: 69th and 754th Regiments (10th pz div) in Tunisia

Post by MadDog »

There are a number of FMS docs on Tunisia in general, and I might have a file you want. PM me.

Mad Dog
Medjez

Post by Medjez »

Thanks' I just sent a Pm, it'd be really interested to hear what you might have there! Its a long shot but does anyone have a copy of

Die Geschichte der 10. Panzer-Division 1939 - 1943" Albert Schick?

I have no idea if the book covers the attack, but the regiments were both in 10 oz div at the time, so it might contain something on it. Trouble is I have no idea whether it does or not, and can't get hold of the book.
Lannes

Post by Lannes »

Hi,
I've just seen this -been away form the forum for awhile. Are you still looking for the information in Schick's book?
best regards
Aris