grand father served in norway

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

pagode

grand father served in norway

Post by pagode »

during 1943 location Rjukan and or sauda
all i got is his name from an old dokument
my guess is that he was/is named unterofficer hans kretschner
the writing is bad and the document old

i tryed search german phone list but cant find him there so i guess he is dead
but i think i survived the war as i cant fint him in any kia list neither
and the fackt that most of the ppl serving in norway was suriving

i ll get back to u all with more later as there is a reason for me knowing so little about him
Alex Dekker
Associate

Re: grand father served in norway

Post by Alex Dekker »

I'd say, gather as much info as you can get, also from your family. Get a birthcertificate of your mother/father, it might help. Contact those villages, get in touch and see if they got some more information. There is a Norwegian society of German/Norwegian children. Contact them too.

As soon as you got the birthdate and place, contact the WASt in Berlin.

Also, Germany paid Norway for the children of a German father. The money never reached those kids, needless to say. And get Ebba Drolshagen books: Wehmachtskinder and/or Auf die Suche nach ein nie gekannte Vater. She is a daughter of a Nowegian mother and a German father. She provides a few usefull adresses you might need.
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
pagode

Post by pagode »

after the war my father was put in a infant home, where he grew up just a few 100 meters from my grandmother and her new man
he made an ultimatum that if they where to get married and live togheter my father could not be a part of that family

i know those woman haveing affairs with german soldiers didn't have it easy after the war,and my father did not have an easy time when he grew up
at the age of 15 he got some papers signed by my grandmother and left rjukan , then i startet working on a ship
after a few years on a ship he came to our town attending a school and meet up with my mother
they later got married and he build up a house and a family in this area

just a few weeks ago i found out what i think is the reason why the war and my fathers situasion not been any tema in our family
as my mothers mother was from east pruessen a small village where all here family that had jude blood was wiped out by germans
so i never heard any thing about the war or my german grandfather

all papers and photos was lost in a fire a few years ago
all my family in terms of grand father/mother on both sides are gone my father and mother is past away 10-15 years ago

but i found a church document saying what seems to be unterofficer Hans Kretschner
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

At least you got a start!

Check the infantshome too, they might have got some information. And try everyone who might have known you're grandfather. Don't forget: never give up!

(BTW, I've been in the same postion. I've talked to a granduncle, he told me our grandfather was from Hannover. It proved to be crucial info).
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Good luck with your search.

Don't give up and don't get disheartened at what you find or not find.
Your family history is important.

Its good to remember though that during
war things happened and people thought differently than they do today, so
its good not to judge to harshly.

You may find relatives you never knew you had and that they would be happy
to have knowledge and perhaps you as part of the lost family.
Annelie