SS Nachrichtenschulen

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
John W. Howard

SS Nachrichtenschulen

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Gents:
I know there was an SS Nachrictenschule at Metz, but I was wondering if there were others, and if so, where they were located. Any help would be appreciated. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Re: SS Nachrichtenschulen

Post by John P. Moore »

There were also such main schools at Nürnberg and Leitmeritz. Satellite schools existed at Melnik, Unna, Mörchingen and Goslar.
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Many thanks, John. I appreciate it.
John W. Howard
JEROME Georges
Supporter

Post by JEROME Georges »

Nachrichtenschule der Waffen - SS Metz is located in front of my home (before the war and now it was a technical High School)
Attachments
Nachrichtenschule der Waffen-SS Metz.JPG
Nachrichtenschule der Waffen-SS Metz.JPG (90.39 KiB) Viewed 5395 times
JEROME Georges
Supporter

Post by JEROME Georges »

SS-Nachrichten-Ausbildungs- u. Ersatz-Abteilung 4 was located at Mörchingen in Lothringen (Morhange in annexed Lorraine) at 40 km from Metz

Georges
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Georges - Thank you for posting that nice photo. It is a much nicer building than I was expecting to see. I remember a graduate from the officer course telling me how trenches had been dug in the school yard in 1944 to take cover during the periodic aerial bombing attacks. A number of the students were actually killed in the bombings during May 1944 and I have seen their graves at Niederbronn. Is there still any bomb damage to be seen in the area?

John
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Georges:
Thank you for the photo as well!! It is nice to see what it looks like. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
JEROME Georges
Supporter

Post by JEROME Georges »

Hello Howard,

sorry to reply you so late.
Metz was the target of bombing in april 44 (Flughafen Frescaty) then on 1 may in the area near the school next to railways network.
no more bomb damage can be seen today.
on some building there is impacts of shooting but no more.

Georges
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Does anyone knows where exactly in Leitmeritz the school was located?

I tried to find it last year after I talked to Ludwig Mückl on the phone, but I failed when I was at the town...

:[]

Jan-Hendrik
Regiment Norge
Supporter

Post by Regiment Norge »

Hi!

There was a norwegian volunteer (Gullik GULLIKSEN born 1917) who went through the Nachrichtenschule Meetz, he went on to become an Ostuf serving with both 12. SS "HJ" and 1. SS "LAH" in the Normandy campaign in the summer of 1944. Unfortunately his SS-PA is thin and lacks a lot of documents... I have never found him in the Lehrgangsteilnehmerlisten to Tölz and wonder if he "only" had this education to become an officer? Is it true?

Could one enter this school in the ranks of private and leave the school in the rank of Ustuf without going through Junkerschule Tölz, Braunschweig, Prague or whatever? This individual story is very strange and leaves me with several questions to be answered?

Any comment to this?
Regiment Norge
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Students attending the Reserve officer courses at the various specialty schools such as artillery, engineers and signals did not attend the Junkerschules such as Tölz, Braunschweig or Prag prior to becoming Untersturmführers. Active officers in those branches first attended a Junkerschule usually followed by the specialty school.

John
Regiment Norge
Supporter

Post by Regiment Norge »

John P. Moore wrote:Students attending the Reserve officer courses at the various specialty schools such as artillery, engineers and signals did not attend the Junkerschules such as Tölz, Braunschweig or Prag prior to becoming Untersturmführers. Active officers in those branches first attended a Junkerschule usually followed by the specialty school.

John
Thanks a lot John!

Reserve officer course do you mean Reserve Führer Anwärter Lehrgang?
Regiment Norge