Veterans SS Nordwest who served in Holland

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Kritonner

Re: Veterans SS Nordwest who served in Holland

Post by Kritonner »

The film will be shown in the local cinema in Ede, Holland. Furthermore it will be shown at the filmfestval at the Airbornemuseum in Oosterbeek and is available on dvd.
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

On DVD ? Where, How, what and who ? Any discount for vets ? 8)

Congrats !!!!!
HN
joined forum early spring of 2002 as Haen- posts: legio :-)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think !
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

With your luck, HaEn, it'll be in the wrong format! :roll: :D :beer:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

Ooooooh, That's cold ! :wink:
b.t.w. did you get my last e-mail ( no, not the one from 10 years ago) :D
Huug

Kritonner

Post by Kritonner »

I've just had a meeting with my publisher and he's interested in a book on the WB3 during the war. So the project for next year is an update on the battle on Ginkel Heath on film and a booklet on the WB 3.
Showing the film last weekend has led to several reactions mainly on the German part of the story. I hope that more people will cooperate in creating the overall picture. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.
btw Haen,
I will send you a copy in american standard.
chambers
Contributor

Post by chambers »

Wow, sounds interesting!!

I'm still patiently waiting for my copy of HaEn's book :)

Brooke
haen2
WWII Vet

Post by haen2 »

"Believe it or not" :( :( :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was putting the final touches on Chameleon, and had (as did Tom) decided to go with LULU or its counterpart.
Final spelling check !, final structure check; final make sure the dates are correct check; putting in pictures, stolen (with permission) from Etnika and Munin Verlag.
In short: the end was in sight.
I had done this all on my old DELL , it was the most stable; however . . . . . . . . it started to have hickups.
So, Got an other DELL , fabulous, 750 gig harddrive, 6 gig memory, etc. etc . I just had received my last million (LOL) as settlement for the car accident, so i splurged.
Got a automatic transfer program, hooked up the two, and since nothing could go wrong - go wrong - go wrong . . . did not think it necessary to doublecheck, or to make a double transfer to our (my wife's and I) laptop.
Donated the old one, and "wiped" the harddrives beforehand of course.
Surprise ! A whole slug of stuff had not been transferred, including the final version of Chameleon. I most certainly must have something done wrong, but no use crying over spilled milk. So yours truly is back to check - double check etc. before I will send it off. Luckily I ha previous versions, so it was back to work.
Meanwhile JOhn Moore had made me a set on CD, it looked very good, so I also am still toying with the idea to put it on a CD, and call it good. Will also be a lot cheaper for those who are interested. ( IF snybody actually still is interested after all that dragging)
So that's where it stands; I almost got so p...ed off that i wanted to delete the whole shabang, my wife talked me out of it. :up: 8)
How many would opt for a CD, and how many would better like a paper format ???
Thanks for remembering that it still is in the making
HN.

chambers
Contributor

Post by chambers »

Oh dear... I think we've all experienced the loss of important data at some point or another and understand how infuriating it is. :down: Please keep ploughing on. I wish I could help. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

As to your question about cd or actual book, personally I prefer a book :[] (with a signature from the famous author :) of course), but will be glad to take a cd if it's what you want to do.
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

I am with you Chambers.

I like a hard copy (book) and if its signed even better.
Annelie

Post by Tom Houlihan »

No! No!

Is this like the "paper or plastic" question??

Paper, please.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

haen2 - Sorry to hear about your latest misadventure. Could you not use the MS Word files in the CD that I made for you and get that to work with Lulu?

This should be another lesson to others about backing up their data, all of it. Here is what I do which may seem extreme to some, but I regard these as necessary precautions. I have the top HP PC with duual RAID harddrives where one HD constantly mirrors the other. Then I regularly back up my data docs that I use in my publications on two external hard drives, one of which I keep at another location. On top of that I have a second HP PC with RAID hardrives should my main PC develop a problem in the OS. I never discard or wipe old hard drives from old PCs. They are stored in a file cabinent just for the reason that haen2 described because there is always the possibility of not transferring an old file. I have been doing that for years ever since my first hard drive crashed, but where I was able to successfully use a data recovery program.
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

Apart from the storing of my work (most on a HD, three books on a little USB-stick and on two different pc's), a book please! By the way HaEn2, publishing in the US through Lulu won't be that expensive. It would be, if all of the books had to go to Europe. Looking forward to the book, good luck!
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

lexiebabe wrote:By the way HaEn2, publishing in the US through Lulu won't be that expensive. It would be, if all of the books had to go to Europe. Looking forward to the book, good luck!
lexie, for the benefit of a lot of us, is there a European version of Lulu?

HaEn, using Lulu won't cost you anything!!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

The books Lulu prints (or printed) in Europe, were done by Publidisa in Spain. My first edition about Dutchmen in the NSKK was printed by lulu too. I found out the actual printing was done by Publidisa in Spain, so I did send the second edition to Publidisa. Took some more work in the end (I had to do the cover, editing, convert it to a pdf, etcetera, by myself), but it costed less than printing through lulu. One major thing though, publidisa only works with companies, not individuals!
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

i am also waiting on your book mr haen :D ,and i like paper over a cd anytime!Any chance your book coming in dutch?

Sebastian
united we stand,divided we fall