Is Guy Sajer still alive and well?

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Freebooter

Is Guy Sajer still alive and well?

Post by Freebooter »

Hello all,
I was just wondering, is Guy Sajer, the author of "he Forgotten Soldier", still alive and well? I corresponded with him several years ago but have since lost touch. I was just curious. That was such a good and touching book to me.

If I remember correctly some said he was a fake and had never served. Then in later years some former German Captain said he remembered him in his command or something like that, proving that he did serve and was for real. If you have not read that book, please do. It is a good book.
Thanks,
Freebooter
One Shot, One Kill!!
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: Is Guy Sajer still alive and well?

Post by Tom Houlihan »

If one of these threads doesn't answer all of your questions, I'd be shocked. Monsieur Sajer has been cussed and discussed all over this board, time and again. At times, I was extremely happy the discussions weren't face to face!! :shock: @{

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6928
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31020
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31065
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30308

Enjoy!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Freebooter

Post by Freebooter »

Thanks for posting the links. I remember a discussion or two about him. I was just wondering if he was still alive and well. The last I heard, several years ago, was that he, who lives in France, was disgusted with the French government and modern French politics and was very active in right wing politics. I was just wondering what the deal is now with him.
Thanks,
Dave
One Shot, One Kill!!
armin stohr

Post by armin stohr »

He is alive I think, and lives in the greater Paris area.
He gave two interviews recently. One to the Radical Right quarterly Réfléchir et Agir n°32, summer 2009 http://www.reflechiretagir.com/commande.html) and the other to the Far-Right monthly Le Choc du Mois n°32, 2009 (http://www.lechocdumois.fr/choc32.htm)