Heydrich's Storch

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
awaygood
Supporter

Heydrich's Storch

Post by awaygood »

I raised this query a very long time ago, but never really got a satisfactory answer. Perhaps new members can throw some light on it?
In the movie, 'Conspiracy', Heydrich is seen arriving at the conference, flying a Fiesler Storch which has swastikas on its wings, rather than the usual Luftwaffe (Balkan?) crosses. As great attention to detail has been paid to the uniforms, suggesting a lot of research went into the production, why would the film makers then use swastikas on the Storch's wings when, even without any research, Luftwaffe markings are well-known --even to those who are not students of Third Reich insignia.
So, my question is 'Did Heydrich's Storch really have swastikas on its wings?' and, if so, why? Or did the film-makers employ really good uniform researchers, but really bad Luftwaffe
researchers? Furthermore, wouldn't whoever owned the Storch used in the movie have pointed out the error -if it was an error???
jerijerod
Supporter

Re: Heydrich's Storch

Post by jerijerod »

i doubt that the swastika was used even on Heydrich's a/c (Afterall Hitler's had the balken cross.) it was probably used by the film makers so that the viewers could immediatly identify it as a Nazi aircraft and not just a German one.

I see people coming into the Imperial war museum pointing at our Focke wulf 190 and saying look at the swastika on the wings!
"War ist die Royal Air force???"

"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you over estimate their chances!"
bf109 emil

Re: Heydrich's Storch

Post by bf109 emil »

I tend to agree as to many the swastika represents in a broad scene's that associated with evil, unlike the Balkan cross does...probably for a dramatic effect
"Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done."