Feldgrau Author: Perry Moore

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Feldgrau Author: Perry Moore

Post by John P. Moore »

Feldgrau member Perry Moore has announced that he has had the following books published-

1. Stamping Out the Virus: Allied Intervention in the Russian Civil War 1918-20 (Schiffer)
2. Corridor of Death: Operation Goodwood 1944 (Helion)
3. PanzerSchlacht: Hungary 1944 (Helion)

Perhaps he can tell us more about each of these books. Have any other members read any of them? Opinions?

John
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Re: Feldgrau Author: Perry Moore

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

I have Panzerschlacht, and it is full of good information. The organization is a bit chaotic, and the text can be hard to follow, but I think it is worth the effort in order to gain a better understanding of these little known battles.

Perry is also a game designer of some repute. 25 years ago, his wargame The Last Panzer Victory was my introduction to the Debrecen battles he covers in his Panzerschlacht book. I got another game of his soon after, Operation Konrad (as revised by the Close Simulations company), and it was my introduction to Konrad 3 and the January 1945 fighting in Hungary. I was 13-14 at the time, and had never heard of these campaigns!