Feldgrau Author: Antonio J Munoz

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Feldgrau Author: Antonio J Munoz

Post by Jason Pipes »

Place holder for discussions specifically related to forum member Antonio J Munoz and his various published works.

Tony's published works are well known by most WWII researchers. He is an expert in the field of foreign volunteers. His works includes the following books.

Hitler's Muslims: Muslim Volunteers in Hitler's Armies, 1941-1945

Hitler's White Russians: Collaboration, Extermination and Anti-Partisan Warfare in Byelorussia, 1941-1944

Goering's Grenadiers: The Luftwaffe Field Divisions, 1942-1945

Forgotten Legions: Obscure Combat Formations of the Waffen SS

For Croatia & Christ: The Croatian Army in World War II, 1941-194

The East Came West: Muslim, Hindu & Buddhist Volunteers in the German Armed Forces, 1941-1945

Iron First: A Combat History of the 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division "Gotz Von Berlichingen" 1944-1945

The Druzhina SS Brigade: A History, 1941-1943

For Czar & Country: A History of the Russian Guard Corps, 1941-1945

Hitler's Eastern Legions, Volume I: The Baltic Schutzmannschaft, 1941-1945

Generalgouvernement: Internal Security in the Eastern Occupied Polish Territories, 1939-1945

Lions of the Desert: Arab Volunteers in the German Army, 1941-1945

Hitler's Eastern Legions: The Baltic and Russian Volunteers, 1941-1945

Wehrmacht Rear Guard Security in the USSR, 1941-1945

Yugoslav Axis forces in pictures, 1941-1945

Decima! The X-mas & The Italian Social Republic, 1943-1945

Slovenian Axis Forces in World War II, 1941-1945

Herakles & the Swastika: Greek Volunteers in the German Police, Army & SS 1943-1945

Hitler's Eastern Legions: Volume II: The Osttruppen

Forgotten Legion: Sonderverbande Bergmann in World War II, 1941-1945

Soviet Nationals in German Wartime Strategy, 1941-1945

The Kaminski Brigade: A History, 1941-1943

Hitler's Green Army: The German Order Police and their European Auxiliaries, 1933-1945 - Volume 2 - Eastern Europe and the Balkans
Doug Nash
Author

Antonio Munoz

Post by Doug Nash »

I've got a couple of Tony's works and I have to say that he has my admiration - because of the amount of work that goes into doing this sort of research, it takes a man of exceptional determination to sift through reams of documents at the archives and nearly go blind looking at frame after frame of microfilm. I couldn't do it as long as he has without going nuts. But not only is he a first-class researcher, he can write well too! Those two qualities do not always go hand in hand, as anyone who has read Mr. Smelser's works can tell you. But I've got a question for you Tony - I'm looking at doing a book about every German Army division and tying in a personal biography of a soldier who served in that division. All of them! So the question is do you have any Soldbuchs or Wehrpasses from men who served in the 250th "Spanish Blue" Infantry Division? I've never seen either from that division and would be greatful if you could send me images you might have of them so I could do up a proper entry for the book. Would appreciate any help you could provide.
Thanks!
Abbott: This sure is a beautiful forest.
Costello: Too bad you can't see it for all those trees!
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Doug - Watch your email as I'm sending you some documents with a photo of Hauptmann and later SS-Hauptsturmführer Dr. Abel Olivas-Garcia, born 1913 in Aranjuez. He served as a medical doctor in the Blue Division from October 1941 - November 1943 and has an impressive combat record.

John
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I worked closely with Tony (and Tony only contrary to some information reported in error recently) in the mid 1990s and I really enjoyed the experience. I did some early web design work for him, and more importantly helped with a few issues of his journal and in some print and layout projects for his books. One thing I really credit Tony for is in his pure dedication to his research. He's been doing it now for more than 20 years and his books continue to get better. I'll be the first to admit that some of his earlier works were a little on the rough side but the research was all that mattered. He's really taken the ball and run with it and been putting out some excellent books in the last many years. They are now professional quality books you could see in most any chain store. The topics continue to be of excellent quality as well and most if not all are on totally obscure topics.
Antonio J Munoz
Author

Re: Feldgrau Author: Antonio J Munoz

Post by Antonio J Munoz »

Dear Jason:

You can add three more books to my list:

The Secret Field Police Wehrmacht Geheime Feldpolizei Forces in World War II, 1939-1945 ISBN 1-891227-75-0
Hitler's Green Army: The German Order Police and their European Auxiliaries, Volume 4 (part 1) ISBN 1-891227-76-9
Hitler's Green Army: The German Order Police and their European Auxiliaries, Volume 4 (part 2) ISBN 1-891227-77-7

Thanks!
Antonio Munoz (Tony)
nino
Supporter

Post by nino »

I have some of his books. Although his writting style seem unstable, range from very dry to very exciting, but his infos are fantastically:D...
Unfortunately, his books now become more and more expensive.... :(
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Nino - that's happening everywhere in printing. Books were relatively stable there for a few years....but there's another "spurt" on right now. It's even showing up as far down the food chain as monthly magazines. My monthly CMV has gained 75p in the last year - that's a 22% price rise! :down:
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Richie B

Post by Richie B »

Hi there

I've seen these for sale recently - Hitler's Green Army: The German Order Police and their European Auxiliaries, Volume 4 (parts 1 & 2).

I've already got Volumes 1& 2 - have I missed Volume 3 ?

Regards

Richie
neumark6

Post by neumark6 »

Hi,

Does anybody read A. Munioz Forgotten Legions Addenda? I don't know if it's worth to get it from the US to Europe. Is there anything about SS Fjg-Btln 600 and SS Jagdverband Mitte?

All the best