welcome to read my blog of unit history reviews.

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
trollelite
Banned

welcome to read my blog of unit history reviews.

Post by trollelite »

I decide to use my blog space on hotmail for unit history reviews. Originally written in Chinese, these articles however don't attract too many readers, for there lacks an interest among my countrymen for such a topic.

Now I change the language to English, and, occasionally, German. For now there is only one article about history of 305.Infanterie Division, but I plan to update it regularly now, 2 articles per week let's say.

I collect unit histories, mainly from German, both before and after the Great War, but also contains those from K.u.K and other countries.

There could also be book reviews for those titles of other thema, if I think one book is good enough to deserve a review.

Most of reviews are for antiquarian books. So you may like to read them before you spend huge money. I generally don't review new books, you could ready such thing on amazon...etc, anyway. 8)

This week I would begin with review for "IR 5, Aus der Geschichte eines Pommerschen Regiments 1920-1945" and "Schlesische Infanterie" (Infanterie Regiment.7 of Wehrmacht, which served in 28.Infanterie Division and 252.Infanterie Division).
trollelite
Banned

Re: welcome to read my blog of unit history reviews.

Post by trollelite »

http://trollelite.spaces.live.com/

Don't bother those written in Chinese.... :wink:
trollelite
Banned

Post by trollelite »

So this week's work is done. Next week I plan to review following books.

Bombers, Jabos, Partisanen. Die 232. Infanterie Division 1944/45 in Italien

Geschichte der 121. ostpreußischen Infanterie-Division 1940 - 1945 (if that book comes)
trollelite
Banned

Post by trollelite »

So this week's update is done. Next week our semester begins, if I could find time, then there comes a review for

"Mit Tanne und Eichenlaub, Kriegschronik der 100.Jäger Division vormals 100.leichte Infanterie Division"
trollelite
Banned

Post by trollelite »

So this week's work has been done. Next week I would review following books

First is one book that I am forced to sell, it comes from Heimdal's Album Memorial Series

Atlantikwall, by Chazette

This is the bible for researchers and fans of German coastal defence in wwii.

The second is a book I recently acquired,

Geschichte des Niederrheinischen Füsilier Regiments Nr. 39 (Berlin, Ernst Siegfried Mittler und Sohn Verlag, 2. (fortgeführte und überarbeitete) Aufl. 1911)

It is a handsome over-700-pages Regimentsgeschichte before WWI, some collectors may want to see how such a book looks like.
trollelite
Banned

Post by trollelite »

OK, unfortunately I don't have time last week. The heimdal book was sent to the buyer before I had time to write a review. There is really no good reason to keep him wait just because I want to write something....

The book Fus-Regt.39... I cannot find it... must placed this one on some place and then forget...OK, I would write review after I find it again, which could last a whole year...

Instead, I have written 2 reviews about histories of 65.Infanterie Division and 23.Panzerdivision, hopefully you would enjoy them.