250th blaues division

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

sebastian
Contributor

250th blaues division

Post by sebastian »

Hi all,

I would like to know more about what happened to the members of the 250th blaues division,it was divided into:
Infanterie-Regiment 262
Infanterie-Regiment 263
Infanterie-Regiment 269
Artillerie-Regiment 250
Aufklärungs-Abteilung 250
Panzerjäger-Abteilung 250
Pionier-Bataillon 250
Nachrichten-Abteiliung 250
Sanitäts-Abteilung 250
Feldersatz-Bataillon 250
250.Ski-Kompanie

Now the fact is that after the campaign at the ostfront in 1943, the most of them went back to spain,and they say that a couple of die-hards went on to fight in different ss divisons,and that's where my question lies,i heard of a small number fighting with the ss division wallonie with leon degrelle as commander,and other stories say that they fought against the russians untill the last moments of the fall of berlin,if anyone has info on what happened with these volunteers that wanted to stay in the german army,like what divions and so on i'd be happy lol,thanks in advance!
united we stand,divided we fall
John W. Howard

Re: 250th blaues division

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Sebastian:
Welcome to the forum!! Have you tried the search function here on Feldgrau?? There was quite a lot of interest in the 250th ID some time back, and you should be able to access those old threads through our search system. Give it a try and see what you find. Good luck and best wishes :wink:
John W. Howard
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

thx for the help,i already spent hours(literally) reading about the 250th with hte search button :-)

thx john!
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Sebastian:
I am delighted :D You are very welcome and I am glad I was able to help. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
sebastian
Contributor

Post by sebastian »

i was wondering if any of my relatives fought in that division,any chance of a namelist that i can look up?