General Dietl

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

captnenglish

Re: General Dietl

Post by captnenglish »

The bust I have is from a company called Plowshare Amoroury. Model Celler seems to have bought most of their pieces but not this one. Thanks for the link to the repro cap badge. I am truky surprised you would use an orginal on a figure, I have an original cap badge and sleeve patch, but would never think to use the on a figure
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Fellows!

I've always respected anyone that can paint since I can't, period! When I was a kid I built quite a lot of plastic model kits (aircrafts, tanks) but the painting, the painting... :shock: I really like the Wolf Willrich painting that Patrick posted (picture no. 2) and I'm sure of that you know of the great Wolf Willrich book by Klaus J. Peters that Bender Publishing released back in 1990. Seek it, find it, buy it (if you guys don't already have it that is :wink: )

But back to Generaloberst Eduard Dietl... This the most famous of Gebirgsjäger Generals during WWII began his military career in a capacity that's maybe not so usual when it comes to his later exploits and status during wartime...
Detached to Meat-Inspection-Course in Bamberg (26 Jul 1912-08 Aug 1912)
Detached to Spotlight-Training (30 Jun 1913-02 Jul 1913)
Detached to Training-Courses for Food-Supply-Officers and Meat-Inspection-Course (08 Jul 1913-12 Jul 1913)
http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRM ... DUARD.html

Follow the link for a very detailed report on Dietl's career and awards from Michael Miller's excellent Axis Biographical Research website.

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
captnenglish

Post by captnenglish »

krollspell,
I didn't say I could paint well, I just said that what I do. I'll post my Dietl, Pannwitz and possibly a gren of the Pz Gren Div Grossduetschland, that I finished recently
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello again captnenglish!

Here's another good and detailed colour photograph of Eduard Dietl were you can get a better look at his eye colour...

Eduard Dietl
http://www.epier.com/BiddingForm.asp?1572849

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
captnenglish

Post by captnenglish »

Thank you sir