Sad news from my family, getting back on track now

Updates, changes and plans for Feldgrau.net and Feldgrau.com.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Sad news from my family, getting back on track now

Post by Jason Pipes »

Sadly my beloved cat Una passed away earlier this week after a very serious surgery over the weekend. She has been in my family for 12 years. We rescued her from a shelter when she was 3 months old. She was a beautiful, gentle, reserved cat with a deep personality. She wasn't a lap cat but she would tell you when she wanted or needed affection. In her last week on earth she was the most sweet and special cat I've ever known. She spent hours on end letting us pet and care for her in an attempt to comfort her. It really was amazing.

I was very close to Una and she was a very special part of my family. Since she has been gone there has been a noticeable and distinct void where she once was. We miss her dearly. I can honestly say that I'm grieving for her loss and filled with sorrow that she's gone.

I mention this mainly to let others know why I've been slow to respond or to update the weekly research contest, etc. I hope to be back in the swing of things in a short while. These things take time to heal even though I know I will never stop missing her and being sad for her loss.

Beloved Una, November 1995 - February 2008

Brendan Hunt
Supporter

Post by Brendan Hunt »

Mr. Pipes,

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. I know,as probably many others do, what it feels like to lose a companion, human or not. Especially one thats been with you for several years. I just hope you can make the best of it and think positively towards the future. Again, I am very sorry for your loss. Your Una was a very beautiful animal.

-Brendan
Brendan
Piet Duits
Associate

Post by Piet Duits »

Jason,

I am very sorry for your loss.
We have 2 cats of our own too, Azrael and Bobbie, and for us they are the nicest cats in the world.
They are both 8 years now (they are sisters) and frankly, I can't imagine being without them.
So, I can feel and understand your loss.

Piet
Nur für den Dienstgebrauch
John W. Howard

Loss

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Jason:
I am sorry to hear about your loss. The only cure is to get another cat as soon as you feel up to it. I am sure their are many out there looking for a good home, and Una will be glad to know a fellow feline is looking after you :wink: Best wishes.
John W. Howard
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Sorry for your loss Jason.

To lose a pet is beyond words in pain.
They are part of us and our family.
We are indeed lucky that they allow us
to love them and they love us.
Annelie

Post by Hans »

Sorry for your loss Jason. Cats are special, treasure Una and out of respect and in memory of her get another to care for, not that a cat would ever admit it needs looking after.

- Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Sorry for your loss Jason. :(

Being a servant to two of those of furry creatures myself - Blacky and Magic, 14-year old brothers - I dread the day they will no longer be there.

Be well and get another cat when your up to it. My Black-Magic-duo are replacements themselves but have become just as irreplaceable as their predecessor. :? 8)

Best regards,

Paul
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Thank you for all the kind words and comments. They help to make this hard time just a little bit easier. I miss Una so...
army_sniper

Your Loss....

Post by army_sniper »

Sir;

I can understand your feelings and sense of loss entirely and, in my heart I mourn along with you.

We have (4) dogs and (2) cats and all were rescued in one way or another. Our one cat (his name is Woody) looks identical to your Una. We found both of our cats (they are brother and sister) in a clump of bushes in my wifes vegetable garden: they were starving and on the verge of hypothermia. After some long hours throughout that night, we have managed to raise our kitties healthy and happy.

Two of our dogs (Heidi and Sammy) had been abused before we adopted them. Our latest puppy (Sally) was abandoned with her mother, brothers and sisters - two weeks after we adopted her, she developed pneumonia from the trauma of being spayed at 2 months old! I wouldn't have bet a dime on her surviving. But she did thanks to our wondeful vet and, again, some long hours caring for her.

Fortunately, time is a wonderful healer.....

God Bless....

Breck Ronning
MadDog
Associate

the loss of a buddy

Post by MadDog »

Sorry to hear about this. I know how it is to lose a little buddy that has been in the family for so long. We lost one of our cats, Socrates, in 2006, after having him for 15 years. We nursed him through 9 months of kidney failure before there was nothing left to do but mercy.

In the end, you do the best that you can for your little friends.

Mad Dog
Uli
Enthusiast

Re: Sad news from my family, getting back on track now

Post by Uli »

Jason Pipes wrote:Sadly my beloved cat Una passed away earlier this week after a very serious surgery over the weekend. She has been in my family for 12 years. We rescued her from a shelter when she was 3 months old. She was a beautiful, gentle, reserved cat with a deep personality. She wasn't a lap cat but she would tell you when she wanted or needed affection. In her last week on earth she was the most sweet and special cat I've ever known. She spent hours on end letting us pet and care for her in an attempt to comfort her. It really was amazing.

I was very close to Una and she was a very special part of my family. Since she has been gone there has been a noticeable and distinct void where she once was. We miss her dearly. I can honestly say that I'm grieving for her loss and filled with sorrow that she's gone.

I mention this mainly to let others know why I've been slow to respond or to update the weekly research contest, etc. I hope to be back in the swing of things in a short while. These things take time to heal even though I know I will never stop missing her and being sad for her loss.

Beloved Una, November 1995 - February 2008

What a beautiful photo of your cat--and how she resembles my own down to her very last strand of fur. Like your beloved Una, our "Tiger" was given us by a close friend who had discovered the abandoned kitten living in the bitter November cold beneath a battered cardboard box four years ago. Seems the kitten had been left to live or die on a nearby construction site by someone very heartless.

I've owned numerous cats through my life, and have come to the conclusion--fair or unfair though it may be--that the Brown Tabby is likely the most affectionate of all domesticateds. My own is with me here at home right now, as I write, and he's frequently to be found draped across my shoulders during any waking hour, from where he can peer from my library window overlooking a large farm to the east of our home. Wife and I have grown so close with this particular animal that we periodically ask one another with understandable caution--"What will we do when something finally happens to Tiger?"

Needless to say, I deeply dread the day. Highest condolences to you on your terrible loss. If or when you might feel up to it, please share more photos of your Una.
Erwin Leibold 26.7.1942
tigre
Patron

Sad news

Post by tigre »

Hello Jason, I understand your sorrow for some time ago I lost my dog a belgian shepherd (the all black ones) called Sultán victim of a heartless driver. All the best. Raúl M 8)
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.
ericv
Enthusiast

Post by ericv »

Sorry about the loss Jason.

Having lost 2 white canadian sheperds 2 years ago, i know what a miss a loss of a pet can be.

All the best

eric
Georg-Helmut

Sorry for your loss

Post by Georg-Helmut »

Kamerad,

I am sorry for your loss. As an owner of two cats, a dog and a rabbit, one feels your sorrow.

Georg-Helmut
Hier ist Stalingrad-hier ist die Front an der Wolga.
Jason Petho
Supporter

Post by Jason Petho »

My condolences for your loss, Jason.

Jason Petho
Petho Cartography
http://www.pethocarto.com

Mapping Military History

Check out the Portfolio!