Missing threads....

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Missing threads....

Post by phylo_roadking »

Hi all - Feldgrau seems to be missing more than a little content - particularly the various threads on recent events on fedldpost...which just happened to contain VERY important material for public consumption in the way of PMs and emails. Why is this???
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Phylo, my dear friend, these Threads that you refer to were neither welcomed nor condoned on Feldgrau. Indeed, they represented the kind of internet quarrels that Feldgrau has always sought to avoid.

Therefore, they were deleted.

If anyone thought them of interest, then they should have printed them out before the moderators of Feldgrau realized how immaterial to this site they were.

I think that the moderating crew of Feldgrau has been exceptionally liberal in the past, but preserving the quarrels of another Forum can never be our concern. I don't think that any moderator here should or could be interested in the excess baggage of another forum--the Gods know that we have enough feuds and controversies here, on our own plate, to fairly deal with.

I hope you understand our position, which is the only logical one, IMHO.

Best,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Don't worry. I'm sure it will all be published somewhere else in due course.

PK
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

The LOGICAL position is - of course - that in a case like this, you TELL contributors that you intend this course of action and allow them to take steps BEFORE it is taken...
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I could let you have copies of all of the discussion threads and topics in question if you like. I saved them. I anticipated that the management here would remove them because they had no place here. The next LOGICAL step would be the removal of most of the participants in those threads but that is probably too much for the troll-weary habitués of Feldgrau to hope for. This is after all a microcosm of the society in which we live, where the delusional, the deranged and the stupid are no longer excluded from everyday life.

PK
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

The content that's important - pms, emails etc. - is already preserved elsewhere. It was more the principal I was interested in. And why are you answering on behalf of Dave?
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Because some of the threads in question were intended as trollster attacks me so your question does concern me. This is a forum. if you have private business with Dave, use the PM system. I gather it's very secure here. :D

PK
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

AH, enough Gentlemen. Maybe I can use this in a Forum Heroes Tale.... :shock: :(

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....