Curious About This Video

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Spiegelsaal

Curious About This Video

Post by Spiegelsaal »

Here's a music video to a song by M. Ward. In the video, the man has a German appearance, he plays the accordion, and during the part where it says "in war he was a tiger" it shows a medal which may or may not be a German medal. I'm just curious if this is all coincidence or if the song is actually about an old german WWII vet. Can anyone identify the medal?

Even if you can't help, at least enjoy the excellent song and vid. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIMVxQy0mCU
Spiegelsaal

Post by Spiegelsaal »

wow, 20 views and 0 responses? Is the video not working or is it actually stumping you people? Of course it could be that you don't care...
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Spiegelsaal!

A good tune, "Requiem" by M. Ward, I also liked the music video so thanks for providing the link! About the Award that appears for like 1-2 seconds, it's not a german decoration. Not anyone that I have ever seen...

About the old man in the video having a "german appearence", I would say that he could pass for a senior citizen in many European states but anyhow I suppose he's american. I seriously doubt that an artist like Ward and a song like "Requiem" would sport a german (as in Nazi Germany) WWII medal in the music video... :?

And "in war he was a tiger..." Well, that could be said about many old veterans, not only surviving personel from the Schwere Panzer-Abteilungen... :wink:

Again, nice song! :D

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

I can't access it from the link given. What are the key words please?

Best,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Commissar!

The only key words you need on http://www.youtube.com are the combination of "Ward" and "Requiem", then hit [search], this will take you to the M. Ward music video "Requiem". And the mysterious award... The cross-shaped award is topped with a crown and a orange-pink(?)-orange ribbon so I suppose it have to be nation that's a monarchy?

Strange though, since the link supplied by Spiegelsaal works perfectly for me... :D

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

I've been looking but no Cigar it looks like Several Western European Awards with the Crown but the Cross doesn't fit anything nor does the ribbon color.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Thank you Cajin! I will find it....eventually! :D :D :D

Very Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Our computers at work won't let us watch videos like that normally. Only if they come in an e-mail. Go figure...
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

... or if you use a proxy.
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

It looks like it yes but as I said the Cross doesn't fit any Belgian medals that I know of. I even went through various websites looking for it. :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.