The Commissar: Back From Fort Sill....

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

When I was in the Corps, we were all green. Admittedly, there were "light-green" and "dark-green" Marines, but we were all green. It usually worked.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Tom Houlihan wrote:When I was in the Corps, we were all green. Admittedly, there were "light-green" and "dark-green" Marines, but we were all green. It usually worked.
I agree. The 'problems' occur when those not wearing green, but civilian suits/skirts poke there head into a world, environment and language alien to them.

Soldiers humour is the most dark there is and unless you've experienced it first-hand, then you will be shocked by it. This isn't an excuse for anything just part of the reason that somethings happen within the military that don't happen in the civilian world.

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Hi Andy, a good post and I respect that! :D :D :D

I submit yo you that Afro-Caribbeans and African-Americans are two different and distinct ethnic groups. In America there is some tension between the two, as Afro-Carribeans tend to regard themselves as more hard-working than African-Americans. I don't buy into the bullshit, one way or another, but I am very old.....
We live in a world full of conflicting information about racism. Some Black people are proud to be called Black and are offended if you refer to them as Afro-Carribean. Black American rappers can use the word @#%, but not anyonelse-You can't racially seggregate words. A word is either offensive or it isn't to a racial grouping. If a non Black person is charged with using racist language or inciting racial hatred (such as using the word @#%), then those Black rappers should also be charged.
Ah, a very good point. You would be surprised at the generational differences within the Black American comunity!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

My generation considers the "N' word as the height of insults and regard those who use the word--Black or White--as totally ignorant!!!!

But, a youger generation has sought to "Co-op" and "absorb" the word and therefore render it harmless. I understand their motivation, but I don't agree with it.

But, perhaps, that simply reveals my age! :wink: :D

The overall point I intended to make is that Soldiers in a war need to be united and free of this nonsense. I think that all of our soldiers, both British and American, will ignore race when it comes to taking casualties and facing the enemy.

That is as it should be and proves that basic survival and friendship over-rules any racist nonsense!!! :D :D :D

Very Best,
David
Hi David

Thanks for your insight, especially the generational differences within the African-American community.

The Armed services do a great job (on the whole) in moulding the men/women in there charge, into a effective unit. A persons skin colour isn't important or relative to the job in hand.

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Musashi
Supporter

Post by Musashi »

Any photos (even with pixelated faces)?

Regards,
Krzysiek
Ezekiel 25:17. "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."