Fritz Schubert - Jagdkommando Schubert

Foreign volunteers, collaboration and Axis Allies 1939-1945.

Moderator: George Lepre

michalst
Supporter

Fritz Schubert - Jagdkommando Schubert

Post by michalst »

I'm wondering of somebody have some information about Fritz Schubert and/or Jagdkommando Schubert.

Schubert commanded "Jagdkommando Schubert" (called sometimes "Schubertiani" and/or "Schuberaios", ca 90-100 soldiers) on Crete in 1942-43 and was later transferred to mainland Greece and Yugoslavia. He was one of the only two people to be extradited to Greece after the war and hanged for war crimes.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Saw a memorial to a massacre they carried out in Crete on my expedition there last year. Noone has written a good history of Crete after the invasion, and it was one of those things you don't like to enquire of the locals :-(
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
michalst
Supporter

Post by michalst »

That's true, Schubert is by the way mentiond in Munozs book "Hitler's green army" and in "Crete: battle and resitance" by Antony Beevor.
michalst
Supporter

Post by michalst »

On Dec 17 someone answered my topic, but it seems to be deleted now. If I'm not wrong a text was quoted, could the same person that posted it give us the source of the deleted quote?
Marko
Enthusiast

Post by Marko »

michalst wrote:On Dec 17 someone answered my topic, but it seems to be deleted now. If I'm not wrong a text was quoted, could the same person that posted it give us the source of the deleted quote?
This really looks strange, it seems byron's (the author of the missing post) account was deleted. Here's another such example: http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23412 %E
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

That's indeed really strange :shock:

Jan-Hendrik
michalst
Supporter

Post by michalst »

byron: could you post the same thing again?
George Lepre

Post by George Lepre »

Hi All -

I too recall reading the post, which was quite good. I will ask Jason about it.

Best regards,

George