The Future of Feldgrau?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi CD the E,

Thanks.

Sid.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

My pleasure Sid, I found your point regrading former members extremely persuasive.

Best,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
cpa95
Contributor

Post by cpa95 »

sid guttridge wrote: It may have escaped your notice, but the Waffen-SS IS officially a criminal organisation. Torquez is hardly culpable for stating that.
Hi Sid,

indeed, this is the opinion of the high court in Germany: "BGH 3 StR 60/05"
http://212.18.201.36/cgi-bin/rechtsprec ... kument.pdf

Regards
Thomas
Das Studium der Tagesmeldungen der Heeresgruppen ist mühseliger als die Lösung eines Kreuzworträtsels (Guderian 4.2.45)
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi all,

This thread got slightly off track, Torquez from beyond the grave!

Anyway, there has been some fantastic ideas on this thread, much along the lines that I was thinking. We have the basis here of a embryo which could grow into something to take Feldgrau into the next millenia, and add to Jason's creation. However, this will take work from us, especially in the case of the idea for collecting the reams of information on this forum. I like that idea alot, and the thoughts for implementing it.

It would be alot of work, but it would drive the site in an exciting new user driven direction, with information FOR members, BY members. It is truly a great opportunity to provide a wealth of information on Germany in WWII, the likes of which has never been seen, or imagined, in one place.

But it will take alot of work and time, by alot of people.

I'm up for it. Are you?

Cheers,
Jock
Jake
Contributor

Post by Jake »

Jock wrote:to take Feldgrau into the next millenia
By heck, there's ambition for you. :wink:

Having said that, if any website deserves to last a thousand years, it's Feldgrau! :D

Regards
Jake
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Jake wrote:Having said that, if any website deserves to last a thousand years, it's Feldgrau! :D
Ein Site!

Ein Gefolgschaft!

Ein Webmaster!

The Reich might not have lasted 1000 years, but the website could!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

WebSITE?

Webgalaxy by then ark ark!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

sid guttridge wrote:Hi Tom,

The issue here is not the action of the Moderators. I may or may not agree with it, but it is history.

The issue here is continuing to kick a man when he is down - repeatedly.

It is not edifying and deserves comment.

Cheers,

Sid.
Hi Sid,

I'm curious as to why your noble cause of defending the honor of departed members who can no longer defend themselves not extend to digs made here in this thread against Helmut and Handschar? Or do you only defend former members who you agree with?
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi,

Pzrmeyer, Feldgrau has been pretty sedate recently, and thats the way we like it. Could you please keep personal vendeta's in an appropriate place? Already over a third of this thread devoted to bitching about former members - this was not the intent of my thread.

Cheers,
Jock
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Thanks, Jock. No problem. I just wanted clarification on an obvious double standard. Definitely not a vendetta. Looking forward to keeping it civil...
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi Pzrmeyer,

Thanks, and I did wonder about my use of the word vendetta, I didn't wonder about the spelling though! You're totally within your rights to question Sid, just wanted to try and keep the thread on track.

Cheers,
Jock
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi pzrmeyer,

Why haven't you tried PMs? We have had extensive discussions there before. Have I ever failed to engage with you?

If the public platform is important to you I am happy to answer here, but if all you want is a reply, try PMs.

Cheers,

Sid.
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

hi, Sid. Thanks for your reply. Actually, I asked in public because I wanted your response to your obvious double standard on the record for all those interested to see.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Fellas, take it outside, please. I'll turn the lights off in the parking lot for you. :wink:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi pzrmeyer,

I have always made clear to you that nothing I have posted to you on PMs was to be considered secret and you were entirely free to post copies elsewhere. I see no need to change now.

I will reply on PMs and you will, as usual, be free to post it wherever you want.

Cheers,

Sid.