Feldgrau Convention

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi DXTR,

Well it could be argued that the locals were already living in unhelthy conditions.

However, the record of earlier Feldgrau conventions argues that the delegates had "previous". Remember the recriminations over the Belgrade Spring Convention of the year before? Or the Autumn Convention of '39 in Warsaw? The lads were better behaved at the Spring Convention that same year in Prague, but still pretty offensive.

Nope, no tourist department in its right mind would want to host a Feldgrau Convention. That is presumably why they are never asked to.

Cheers,

Sid.
joefraser
Supporter

Post by joefraser »

hi,
what about some mini conventions first? One in the UK, one in the U.S,one in Europe and one in Aussie, The survivors(I mean everyone) :D could then meet for a joint summit in 2008 wherever with 2009 being in the opposite area(bit like the ryder cup).
DXTR
Contributor

Post by DXTR »

Unfurtunately the summerconvention of '43 didn't fare well either. The admin decided to throw a convention without checking with the locals, and when the now banned members joey_steel and Zhukov_reinactor[@@] decided to gatecrash the convention it was cancelled fast. Thats how it goes when you post your plans in a public forum like the soldatenheim or the comments section..... the admin and his mods should have arranged the whole summerconvention of '43 by PM.
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

n/t
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

uhh... whats the legal drinking age in Germany?

a convention would be a sweet idea, i bet the die-hards like Sid and Phylo would be the first to arrive.

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Dragunov
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Yeah with the bloody Yanks the last to arrive, same as bloody always!!!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
pzrmeyer2

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

phylo_roadking wrote:Yeah with the bloody Yanks the last to arrive, same as bloody always!!!
Yeah, maybe, but It'll be just in time to bail you out...again....as always...
:D :beer: :D :beer:
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Nah, THIS time i'd definitely :beer: hold my own LMAO
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

I do miss British beer & a wider range of European lagers :(

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

CY, get someone to send you a homebrew kit!!!
Spandau
Contributor

Post by Spandau »

Avete,

Even though I am not a very active member, I actually might show up as I will be in the area anyway. I want to see what Christoph is like in person.

Valete,

-Spandau
If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Spandau,

I don't know how devastatingly handsome Christoph is, but I have been described as having "a face for radio".

I suspect that if any of us had the looks for the visual media we wouldn't be faceless keyboard-thumpers on the net!

A Feldgrau Convention would probably look almost indistinguishable from a "Rocky Horror Show" meets "The Producers" fancy dress party.

Cheers,

Sid.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

sid guttridge wrote:A Feldgrau Convention would probably look almost indistinguishable from a "Rocky Horror Show" meets "The Producers" fancy dress party.
Not to mention "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!"
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Tom,

We have "Good" as well?

Cheers,

Sid.
Wüstenfuchs

Post by Wüstenfuchs »

How about a convention in the Rhone [Rhön...correct english spelling?], there you can visit Point Alpha too, an US station during the DDR I think...