Absolute Idiocy

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

pzrmeyer2

Absolute Idiocy

Post by pzrmeyer2 »

Ok, I'm currently selling my home and am moving across country.

In my office, I have various plaques and regimental colors commemorating my time in the US Army. I also have many books, as well as several models I have built on display. Of course, I've removed all books from my shelves that say "Adolf Hitler", etc, as well as most models. I left one 1/6 scale 251 Hanomag halftrack that has a Balkankreuz. No Swastika in sight. This is the feedvback my realtor got from another:
Hi Amy,

This is a beautiful home, but I was puzzled by the war memorabilia in the upstairs room, and as I am currently working with a Jewish family, I have become quite sensitive to their concerns- I would probably not show a home to them where there was German military insignia. Fortunately I was previewing this home on my own, and my clients were not with me.

Dennis

I mean really! Are people that sensitive? I saw many houses in my new location that were decorated quite gay and/or left wing. Can one imagine the response I would receive if I complained? Shows who the tolerant ones really are.
A book on Nazi Germany makes me as Nazi as a book on gardening makes me a gardener, cooking a chef, etc etc. F^&&ing idiots....
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

If anyone comes to your home before you've packed everything up, then they have to deal with it!

One's interests are one's own, period. Studying WWII doesn't make you a Nazi any more than studying Modern Muslim history makes me an Al-Queada terr!

Get a grip, folks!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

What a turkey.

PK
Pirx
Associate

Post by Pirx »

If you ever will visit any market with old stuff you may find hundreds of post-wwII artefacts. Polish, Germans, Russians and so on. with eagles, svastikas, red stars (i guess most of them are fake ). So now we know where Nazi fleed after war.... :D
amicus Plato, sed magis amica veritas
Simon H
Associate

Re: Absolute Idiocy

Post by Simon H »

pzrmeyer2 wrote:Ok, I'm currently selling my home and am moving across country.

In my office, I have various plaques and regimental colors commemorating my time in the US Army. I also have many books, as well as several models I have built on display. Of course, I've removed all books from my shelves that say "Adolf Hitler", etc, as well as most models. I left one 1/6 scale 251 Hanomag halftrack that has a Balkankreuz. No Swastika in sight. This is the feedvback my realtor got from another:
Hi Amy,

This is a beautiful home, but I was puzzled by the war memorabilia in the upstairs room, and as I am currently working with a Jewish family, I have become quite sensitive to their concerns- I would probably not show a home to them where there was German military insignia. Fortunately I was previewing this home on my own, and my clients were not with me.

Dennis

I mean really! Are people that sensitive? I saw many houses in my new location that were decorated quite gay and/or left wing. Can one imagine the response I would receive if I complained? Shows who the tolerant ones really are.
A book on Nazi Germany makes me as Nazi as a book on gardening makes me a gardener, cooking a chef, etc etc. F^&&ing idiots....
I think I'd tell him to stick it where the Sun doesn't shine and get another agent in. It's political correctness gone crazy!
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.
Leonard

Post by Leonard »

I think I understand. From the time I was a small child reading C. Ryan's books, to high school reading and reporting about Mein Kampf, uniformed people have labeled me a Nazi from time to time.
I really don't get it. I took Soldat to work the other day to read at breaks and I'm sure you can imagine the questions and looks I get. Even my sweet wife ask's "why do you like Hitler so much?" LOL Even though I have as many books about the Pacific theater as I have about the European theater.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Well, I think the term "political corectness" is so messed up in this sort of situation. What SHOULD be politically-correct after sixty-plus years is someone not even recognising a swastika or army cross for what it WAS. Its different for those in the know or with an interest, but I have severe problems with the mind of person who knows so LITTLE as to equate one balkan cross with Adolf Hitler. Its their mind thats closed, and they should 1/ open it and learn enough to have an "informed" opinion, or 2/ not impose an opinion on others at all.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Rodger Herbst
Associate

Post by Rodger Herbst »

I suppose some of you remember shortly after the war the big stink that was raised because of the toys of German military vehicles compleat with markings, boy all you seemed to read was how awful and insensetive it was. My thought was like if i don't like a TV program-change the station.
I'm sick of PC, why in hell can't i read,buy,sing,or any damm combination of things without someones feelings being crushed or bad memories sending them into a breakdown.
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

How pathetic. Bloody hell with the jackass in me I would purchase a giant NSDAP flag and drape myself in it for the Jewish buyers. Its amazing how people will try as hard as possible to find something to bitch about.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Haha,

Relax guys, the realtor is only trying to make a sale!

For heavens sake, if I were looking at a home with KKK robes in the closet, it would probably put me off buying it. (Depends on the house.)

Panzermeyer2, how many times have I told you to take down the swaztika banner over your bed??? :D :D

Very Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Rodger Herbst
Associate

Post by Rodger Herbst »

Jeezus CoE, Bands down south can't even play "Dixie" at football games
Commissar D, the Evil

Jeezus CoE, Bands down south can't even play "Dixie" at football games
Good, I say "America the Beautiful" is enough for any football game. :wink:

Best,
David
Rodger Herbst
Associate

Post by Rodger Herbst »

Burn the flag-freedom of expression
But don't let a southener have the right to express his pride in his flag of his ancestors
Commissar D, the Evil

:D

Rodger, I actually like the tune of "Dixie", but you have to admit that it has some "unfortunate" conotations to a section of the public. Since football games are public events, why offend anyone before the game is played?

Best,
David
Rolf Steiner
Associate

Post by Rolf Steiner »

Not least that dodgy 1970s Elvis live lp!
Commissar D, the Evil wrote::D

Rodger, I actually like the tune of "Dixie", but you have to admit that it has some "unfortunate" conotations to a section of the public.
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"