Authentic Book Signature

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

DennisH

Authentic Book Signature

Post by DennisH »

I have a copy of the book "Fighting General - The Life of Adolph Galland" written by Ray Toliver and Trevor Constable in 1990. Toliver's sister and my mother were acquaintances, and when he'd write a new book, he'd get the subject to personally sign the book for me, where possible. Imagine my delight in receiving a book with a personal note to me penned by der General der Jagdflieger! Other than sentimental value for me, it would be interesting to read if others would assign any value, sentimental or otherwise to it. Have one also signed by Hans Schaarf, the "Master Interrogator." Wish I had one signed by Hartmann, but my mom and Toliver's sister weren't acquianted with each other in the 1970s!
DennisH
CAPT (0-6), USN (Ret)
"Beware the Fanatic"
Sarge1st
Supporter

Galland autograph

Post by Sarge1st »

As with all WWII autographs the wartime signed pics and books bring higher prices than post war signed items. I have seen Galland signed photos (post war) ranging from $25 to $150. The book with signature would probably fall within that range unless it was offered on an auction site and a bidding war ensued (then the top price could go anywhere). Since Galland is now deceased such signed items will increase in value as the years pass, and availability of such items decreases.

As a collector of signed Knightscross winner photos ( I have some 300 pics all together) I have a few Galland pics in my collection (direct from him) so I do have a working knowledge of the current prices being obtained for such things. I trust that this will be of some help to you.