RADwJ Brooches

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
Reichmadel

RADwJ Brooches

Post by Reichmadel »

As little is availible on RADwJ brooches, I'd like to get some input. There is the oval shaped Commemorative brooch, which seems to come in a silver and gold grade. There is a Solid Cast Bronze Retirement grade as well. There is the V shaped War Helpers pin, found in silver, a gray black, and gold grade. There is the plain grayish Arbeitsmaid brooch, add afew rings and its the Kameradschaftsalteste's rank, and this is in silver and gold, as is the Arbeitsmaid brooch. That same brooch comes with a knotted border. There is the gold, and silver Maidenfuhrerin brooch with the Sutterlin script, and the grayish brooch that says Reicharbeitsdienst Weibliche Jungend. Lastly, there was a hat pin.

The Maidenfuhrerin brooch is called First pattern, the post 1939 brooches the third pattern. With almost every RADwJ brooch in silver and gold grade, and more RADwJ ranks than badge types. Does ayone know which brooches were issue, in what grade from 1936, until 1945? The only real info I've found (in english) is in the Osprey Men-At-Arms "WW II German Women's Auxiliary Services". While I collect every variation I can find, it would be nice as a serious collector to be better infomed.

Reichmadel
" Much that once was is lost, for none now live that remember it."
Michael N. Ryan
Enthusiast

Post by Michael N. Ryan »

Labor Organizations of the Third Reich by J. R. Angolia and David Angolia has a full chapter on the group and has several parts on the badges incuding pictures as the group changed them on a couple of occasions.
Michael N. Ryan
Enthusiast

Post by Michael N. Ryan »

Another source of information on RADwJ Brooch badges is Political & Civil Awards of the Third Reich by John R. Angolia P340-343.