Unknown man, GFM List, King Boris III and others...

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Unknown man, GFM List, King Boris III and others...

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

Going through some of my back-ups I found these pictures. They were sent to me some years ago, actually via the "old feldgrau".
I don't remember the name of sender and lost/misplaced his email adress but the story behind them is as I recall like this:
The person who sent them, a school teacher had a history project. He asked his pupils to write about their relatives during WW2.
One girl came to class with a photo album her grandfather had brought back from Italy. On the cover it said Aide-de-Camp and this man is on all the photos.
Unknown "Aide-de-camp"

With GFM List (?) at the other end of the tabel, plus other officers

Belived to be a "Bulgarian decoration" ceremony with army/airforce/navy present. I believe the "aide" is just about to shake hands and therefor not saluting...
The building in the background has been itentified as the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia.

Many uniforms, many countries... but who are they all and why together (the unknown "Aide" is in the back row beside his Luftwaffe comrade - hand on shoulder)?
The tall man in the front row with the moustache is King Boris III of Bulgaria.

That's all I know about the pictures so far, but tought I would share them with my fellow Feldgrauians.

waleed
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Waleed!

Interesting pictures indeed. Unfortunately, I don't recognize your man at all... But if you'll recieve no good answers here, try the Axis History Forum (AHF) on http://www.axishistory.com since they have quite a few members that really are great experts on identifying (german) persons from WWII.

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Gareth Collins
Supporter

Post by Gareth Collins »

Not sure about the top officer but the officer reveiving the award appears to be Oberst (later Genmaj) Hans Bruckmann, the deutsche Militärattaché in Sofia. I don't believe it is the same man as above.