Uniform assistance please

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
vonMesser

Uniform assistance please

Post by vonMesser »

I have several photographs of sailors wearing a necktie/scarf, but I cannot find any information as to the size and shape of the tie, or how it is tied.

I am also trying to find/locate one of the detachable light blue collars with white stripes that goes on the dark blue jumper uniform.

Can anyone provide me with information or sources please?
maschinengewehr42
Supporter

Post by maschinengewehr42 »

I'm afraid I can't help very much, but such a tie is pictured in "German Soldiers of World War 2" by Jean De Lagarde, published by Histoire et Collections 1995.

It's on page 25, and as with most photos in this book, is an original tie modelled as part of a complete U-Boat Kapitanleutnant's uniform in a modern colour series. Unfortunately, the jacket obscures most of the tie, and the size and shape are not apparent. It is stated to be black though, not the dark blue of the other uniform items in the shots.

Not much I know, but I hope it helps.
awaygood
Supporter

Post by awaygood »

Try Brian Davis's book, 'Air Force and Navy Uniforms of World War Two', published by Blandford. It's out of print, but you can probably find a copy on the Internet (eBay?). At the end of the section on naval uniforms, there's a page illustrating the German sailors' collar (together with others). It's not that detailed, but it might help --you can probably work out its approximate size by comparing it with photographs of it being worn.
pzrwest

km silks

Post by pzrwest »

you can get the black km silks here already tied they are east german but will pass for ww2 km http://www.epicmilitaria.co.uk/xcart/home.php?cat=96