The ultimate Feldgrau World Cup Thread!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Jake
Contributor

Post by Jake »

I also think it will be France/Germany in the Final. I have a big place in my heart for the Zidane team of France ever since '98. I would love it if they could be world champions again, but at the same time I would also like it if Germany could win the World Cup in Berlin. Who to support?? Both?? Maybe it doesn't matter who wins. :D

I think I will have to support France. Germany will win in the future I am certain - historically very strong in the football. But will France win again after Zidane? Maybe not for a long time. Look at England - 40 years and still waiting :( . So FRANCE it is for me!!! (But good luck to Germany also - I just hope they both make it to the Final now :wink: ).

Regards
Jake
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

God I'm so angry...how can someone steep so low....to ensure an advantage for tomorrow the Italians did everything to get Germany's Torsten Frings out of the game...and they succeeded!!! Aaaaaargh!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ooooh....can't wait for tomorrow...I hope you are prepared well Italia for this game...all gloves are off now...you will get a thrashing....the crowd will kill you! @{ :evil: %E

I've lost every respect for them...that I will never forgive them! %E
Kitsune
Contributor

Post by Kitsune »

Jake wrote:
I think I will have to support France.
And besides, it is good old English tradition to root for whoever plays against Germany, even if it should be the Martians (in which case the English would be standing at the sidelines, painted green and yell "Go Martians! Go!").
It is said that this World Cup would have bettered the way Germany is perceived all over the world and even in England. But I know how hard it is to try to kick a habit. It's usually best to to do it slowly, in measured steps over a longer period of time...
So, by all means, follow your instincts and cheer for France! (Or, to begin with, for Italy this Tuesday) :wink:
"Tell my mother I died for my country. I did what I thought was best."

John Wilkes Booth
April 12, 1865
Jake
Contributor

Post by Jake »

Kitsune wrote:it is good old English tradition to root for whoever plays against Germany,
:D :D

You are mostly right, but not quite in my case. I hope Germany beat Italy and I am very happy for Ballack to raise the Jules Rimet trophy over his head. I am supporting Germany against anyone else except England and France. I am stuck with England of course ( :( ), and Zidane's team is special to me. But otherwise DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES!! :wink: :D :up:

Regards
Jake
Hans
Associate

Post by Hans »

What's this about Australia being a weaker side. We were only eliminated because the so called referee was/is an imbecile. Besides which you can't have colonials show up the Europeans can you, unless like in France they make up your team.

- Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID
panzerschreck1
Enthusiast

Post by panzerschreck1 »

M.H.

What happened ? Why are you so mad and what exactly has Italy done?
Relax, take a deep breath and save energy for tonight's match...

And Hans maybe there are some aboriginal soccer supertalents in Australia, something the australians and hiddink don't know of...
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

How can I not be angry!
Reading about Italians now happily gloating about Germany losing one of her most important players for this game.
The case against german players in the horrible melee initiated by argentinian players was officialy closed as the italian media screamed and pointed at Frings allegedly hitting Cruz (even as Cruz himself said he didn't felt a thing).
If Frings really had done something he wouldn't had got only this ridiculous political punishment of only ONE game!
Tonight is the motto in Dortmund:

REVENGE FOR FRINGS!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

You Italians want the final? Only over our dead bodies! %E
Hell has a new name for one night (if you are Italian): Dortmund! :evil:
panzerschreck1
Enthusiast

Post by panzerschreck1 »

That's the spirit, no mercy @{ !
NO PAIN NO GAIN :shock:

But all this pre-game anger will only enhance the actual fussball game for tonight....

Will get some :beer: and friends and enjoy for what will go into the future as the legendary game of Italy vs Germany 2006!

A real slugging match in the making!
All i have to do is sit back and 8) , and let Italy and germany do zthe Talking! :up:

P.S. so they gave Frings an addittional yellow card EH, just to be sure he misses the next match....

Well just don't forget what i have posted earlier! Portugall and Italy are masters at football looked at from different angles! :shock:
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

*gasp* is Italy playing Germany tonight? :shock:
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

I’m rooting for Germany now.

Gutted that England went out. What a painful two hours that was on Saturday. At the end of the day England didn’t play well enough in the tournament and didn’t really deserve a place in the last four.
However, I thought the conduct of the Portuguese players was pretty disgusting. They dived and play acted all game and influenced the Referee in his sending of the (admittedly stupid) Wayne Rooney. I hope France humiliate them.

I was desperate for a Germany v England final (a replay of 66 and all that) but a Germnay v France final will be pretty tasty.
Up The Tigers!
Cott Tiger
Associate

Post by Cott Tiger »

Kitsune wrote:Jake wrote:
I think I will have to support France.
And besides, it is good old English tradition to root for whoever plays against Germany, even if it should be the Martians (in which case the English would be standing at the sidelines, painted green and yell "Go Martians! Go!").
It is said that this World Cup would have bettered the way Germany is perceived all over the world and even in England. But I know how hard it is to try to kick a habit. It's usually best to to do it slowly, in measured steps over a longer period of time...
So, by all means, follow your instincts and cheer for France! (Or, to begin with, for Italy this Tuesday) :wink:
You are of course right. Traditionally the English football fan “hates” the Germans more than any other team.

However, things have been changing over the last few years. Lets face it, England only hated the Germans because they always bloody won :evil: . However, the last few times we have met at important games we have won - Euro 2000 and of course Munich 2001 (the 5-1 famous English victory 8) ). I think that has gone a long way to ending the feeling that Germany was our nemesis at football.

Also, Argentina and now Portugal have taken over the mantle as the most “hated” teams. This coupled with the fact that Germany have been such wonderful hosts and embracing of English fans, means that many English fans are actually getting behind the Germans and willing them to win.

In the last game (Germany v Argentina) I think most English were rooting for the Germans (albeit begrudgingly).

I have enjoyed watching Germany this tournament, partly because they were underdogs, partly because they have played exciting attacking football, partly because they have played fairly, partly because they knocked out the bloody Argies, and partly because they have given us a fantastic spectacle.

COME ON GERMANY!!!
Up The Tigers!
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

:(
Torquez

Post by Torquez »

Forza Italia !!!!!!!
Hitler Kaput !!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :up:
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Where have you been for 60 years? :evil:

Hitler Kaput? Why bring Hitler in this thread?
Annelie

Post by oleg »

Hitler is indeed caput … Still I was rooting for Germans- too bad ... eh well. Will be rooting for Portugal now.

P.S. Torquez and here I thought that the last name of German forward would force you to be more pro-German :D