German Tutoring and TRanslation

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Der_Dolmetscher

German Tutoring and TRanslation

Post by Der_Dolmetscher »

German is extremely Easy
Anyone who has a strong desire to learn another language can easily do it.... Using a tutor is a great help. I am currently working as a Language instructor in Long beach Ca. and offer tutoring and translation services on the side. The process used in class is referred to as the communicative approach and emphasizes speaking more than reading/writing/grammar in the classroom. These other important aspects of language acquisition are left up to the student to work on in the time outside of class. Though i don't completely agree with the process as a means to language fluency without spending a period of time abroad, it exposes the students to more of the language and requires them to work harder both in and outsisde of class. To cut it short, the best way to gain language competence is to spend time in a country where the language is spoken..... That said, tutors and private lessons offer the best of both worlds. One on one interaction with a fluent speaker, plus extensive grammar review. If one's goal is literacy, this is easily accomplished. If speaking ability is desired, the tutor/instructor can modify the classes to meet the students goals. Native speakers often have a hard time explaining the when and why associated with grammar learning, as they were introduced to the language as all children are... slowly and as the only language learned. There is no "Unlearning"needed. Ok, 'nuff said. Anyone in the L.A. area in need of a tutor, can drop me an email, or if you need any assistance with translating documents, i am always ready to help.
-dan[/b]