Feldgrau Forum Photo Riddle ?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Ichi
Supporter

Post by Ichi »

Doktor Krollspell wrote:Hello Jacko!

Then my guess goes to SS-Hauptsturmführer Henk Feldmeijer...!?

Regards,

Krollspell (doing my 600th posting on Feldgrau... 8) )
Congrats on both Henk Feldmeyer and your 600th post... your spot on.

Up to you to post the next! ;)
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

So here comes a new question:Who was the man that recieved these awards? The photo shows them being presented at his funeral.

Good luck!

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Haha... That's good Michael. And I who "accused" you for being a great fan of http://www.corbis.com :wink: Well, it takes one to know one... :D I just didn't know that they had a "junior" branch of the HIAG :shock:

So yes, the answer is SS-Standartenführer d. R. Otto Skorzeny who died in Madrid, Spain, on July 5, 1975. And the picture source was as previously mentioned http://www.corbis.com

Your turn, Michael!

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Thank You, Dok! :wink:

The first Photo is from Corbis, the second one from AHF.

Here the next Riddle: Who is the little Soldier in the feldgrau Uniform?

The Photo was taken in the Year 1916, at that Time the little Boy was three Years young, you ALL know this Person...

Michael
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Besides the Riddle to Feldgrau, what IS this...?

HeHeHe... :wink:

Michael
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

It is was not a Stg.W44, neither a "Volkssturmwaffe", with less Ammunition, only a few came on hand, at the very last Service?

Name this Handgun....???

Michael
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Not a single Idea, about this Weapon...?

Come on, all you "Experts"...

Michael... *ducks" 8)
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

"Mauser", a small Hint...!

"The Gun of all Guns...!"

Name this Gun...? 8) 8) 8)

Michael
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

@ Krollspell...

Skorzeny, a "Hero", I do not know, high decorated, for sure, a "HardAss",he got his very own Reason, to live in Spain.

Interested . about the SS, Skorzeny, the "Duce", but not a Fan, sorry!

Michael
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

Nordwest,

About the Volksturm-waffe, the central part of the weapon looks very similar to the Sten Mk-III. It seemed like the German industry copied Britain in the weapon-making process. Do you have any information on how many were manufactured, effectiveness, anything like that?
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

A little Hint: The little "Soldier" in the feldgrau Uniform, in his later Lifetime, he became a worldwide very well known Politician, with very much Reputation, not even in Germany...

Michael
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Rosselsprung wrote:Nordwest,

About the Volksturm-waffe, the central part of the weapon looks very similar to the Sten Mk-III. It seemed like the German industry copied Britain in the weapon-making process. Do you have any information on how many were manufactured, effectiveness, anything like that?
Rossel, I am not able, to tell you something about this Weapon, I do not know the Type, neither the Caliber, the only Information is Mauser and 1944/1945.

Der Rest ist Schweigen...? :?

Michael
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

A little Hint: The little "Soldier" in the feldgrau Uniform, in his later Lifetime, he became a worldwide very well known Politician, with very much Reputation, not even in Germany...

Churchill? :wink:
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Taylor Collector wrote:The photo is of Willy Brandt, the future mayor of West Berlin. Ill upload my photo once I get confirmation this is correct.
TS Allen
Willy Brandt is accurate.

Michael