DALs - Dienstaltersliste

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Manage1

DALs - Dienstaltersliste

Post by Manage1 »

Does any body have access to the DALs for 1940 /41/42 or know where I could find these to be able to exact some information?

Thanks
genstab
Contributor

Dienstalterslisten

Post by genstab »

I have the 30.1.42- how can I help you?
Best regards,
Genstab

Where liberty dwells, there is my country.
jarek
Supporter

SS DAL 1942

Post by jarek »

genstab, control link:
http://motlc.specialcol.wiesenthal.com/ ... n60z1.html

Bestreg
Jarek
Heilsberg / Ostpreussen
Manage1

Post by Manage1 »

Hi Genstab
Thanks for the response I wasn't actually aware a DAL was issued in Jan of 42. I was under the impression they were issued as at May each year.

But I have a bit of a tall order in that I'm trying to fill the promotion gaps in my lists by obtaining copies of the arious DALs (Lt/Col & Above) from 1/1/39 thru to 1942 (having a facimile of the 5/1944 list its just a matter of filling in the blanks) and hopefully get a little nearer to completing my research.

Would you be able to help out

Regards

Peter
[email protected]
genstab
Contributor

Dienstaltersliste

Post by genstab »

Hmm- my lists don't go below Brigadefuhrer. Have you checked the one someone sent the link for to see if it has the lower ranks?
Apparently they were put out whenever Himmler wanted one- I also have a 9-11-44 one, the last regular one (and one dated July 1942). So it wasn't just May. I'm an Army student though, not SS- just happened to have them for unit commanders' names and study of war criminals.
Best regards,
Genstab

Where liberty dwells, there is my country.